Daytona 4 valve special... in progres

mille108

welding the blue forged ones is a problem?

Dont know really. . But andre the guy who welded and did the machining. And he is a master in his trade. . . said that he would prefer to try it out on a damaged oz wheel instead of a good one . . We talked about it because i also have a set of oz ones. . But we went for the brembo one because it was a experiment and we die not know for sure that it would all work out like it did. . Im searching for a oz rear wheel so we will try it for sure

Een naamgenoot! grappig!

That is going to be one interesting daytona you are building there! be sure to keep us up to date on the developments! did you by any chance get to weigh the RSV rim? I would be interested in doing something similair for a V11 and using these rims might be a good approach as magnesium Marvic's seem to be the only set that is still available for V11.

Would the braking ones (posted by antonio a while back) be an option for this excercise? Or should I rephrase that in more general terms: can forged Alluminium be welded?

Cheers Jasper

PS I had a briljant ride today! started nice and early around 7 and returned at 20:00!! Just love the scura on the mountain roads! Swapped bikes with my girlfirend who rides a Duc multistrada and was surprised she loved the scura (compared to the multi it is a bit of a heavy beast to ride!)

do you mean to tell me he did the Heli-arc work free hand?! This weld looks like the proverbial "stack of dimes"...I can stick weld pretty good and have seen some good looking welds of every kind but this is just about the best.

do you mean to tell me he did the Heli-arc work free hand?! This weld looks like the proverbial "stack of dimes"...I can stick weld pretty good and have seen some good looking welds of every kind but this is just about the best.

:stupid:

Absolutely beautiful welding; I looked at it & said "that was done by a machine; it's too regular & perfect for handheld!.." Gorgeous work. :thumbsup::notworthy:

yeah, its hand welded . . Im working on the shetlands now but as soon as im back home again i will weigh the wheel and keep you updated about the project. . Especially the seat unit and sub frame will something different. .

Guest drknow
yeah, its hand welded . . Im working on the shetlands now but as soon as im back home again i will weigh the wheel and keep you updated about the project. . Especially the seat unit and sub frame will something different. .

Hi Mille108, are you concerned that you won't have a cush drive once completed? If it wasn't for that, I'd be emailing your machinist for a price quote. I've got a Centauro that I'm putting a new front end and a Daytona tank on, along with a custom subframe as well, so color me interested!

dk

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Mille108, are you concerned that you won't have a cush drive once completed? If it wasn't for that, I'd be emailing your machinist for a price quote. I've got a Centauro that I'm putting a new front end and a Daytona tank on, along with a custom subframe as well, so color me interested!

dk

Im not concerned about it at all...its my first guzzi and the daytona did not have a cush drive to begin with so as long as i wont drive one with a cush drive im fine ^_^

He will be able to make a cush drive if you want it im sure of it.

Im not concerned about it at all...its my first guzzi and the daytona did not have a cush drive to begin with so as long as i wont drive one with a cush drive im fine ^_^

He will be able to make a cush drive if you want it im sure of it.

Hi mille, sorry to inform you like this, but drknow passed away in a motorcycle accident. 10 may 2008 :(

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

• 2 weeks later...

Okay time for a small update,yesterday i fitted the wheel and took her for a quick spin(until it started raining so i could only try it for 15 miles orso :( )

Its a huge improvement for sure,together with some sticky tires an lighter rear wheel the bike feels transformed.

2533924472_8e6e148bf7_b.jpg

Next step are the exhausts they will arrive at the end of the week and also ditch the injection system,for a set of Mikuni HSR42 carbs.

SturgisMikuniEasyKit.jpg

It will take some dynotime for sure to get them right but im not too worried that we cant get the right setup.

When all that is finished then we will start on the seat unit and subframe.

• 1 month later...
Another small update,the home made exhaust system is finished...

2645495991_5dca132cd5_b.jpg

2646316004_f8acc0e516_b.jpg

2629108512_fa36b801a3_b.jpg

Making a badass sound for sure.. the mufflers have a 2inch bore :rasta:

Nice work :thumbsup:

Next step are the exhausts they will arrive at the end of the week and also ditch the injection system,for a set of Mikuni HSR42 carbs.

SturgisMikuniEasyKit.jpg

It will take some dynotime for sure to get them right but im not too worried that we cant get the right setup.

When all that is finished then we will start on the seat unit and subframe.

Have you considered HSR 45's? I've got 42's running on my V11 and with the accelerator pumps completely disabled you have to really try to get the motor to stumble (basically whacking it open at idle is the only way to upset it). If I were to do it again I probably would use 45's and that's on a 2 valve motor with stock heads. I don't know, but I would think even though your heads are older they'd flow more.

I haven't talked about my conversion yet because I knew the sh*tstorm that would start because I dared to think a pile of computers and sensors might not be the right answer. :o

I rebuilt the top end when I was doing the conversion and I'm waiting to break it all in before I put it on a dyno. It runs great and has never run so cleanly down low.

I'm very, very happy with the change though there are some things still to work out, none of them having to do with the actual running, just trying to figure out the best throttle and cable setup. Currently the throttle effort is too high and I've already swapped out the return springs for much more reasonable ones.

I'll happily share my jetting info with you. It ought to at least be a decent ball park for you to start with.

johnk

I haven't talked about my conversion yet because I knew the sh*tstorm that would start because I dared to think a pile of computers and sensors might not be the right answer. :o

Sorry for off topic but I bet this conversion will become popular in the future when the electronics become unobtanium. What did you do for spark John?

Mille,

damn nice bike!