Daytona 4 valve special... in progres

mille108

• 4 weeks later...

She rides well..fast..the brakes are awesome..steering very fast and neutral.

The other day i was riding trough some fast left and right corners and i could just trow the bike from the left to right kneedown doing 145km an hour with no effort at all.

so the chassis is working perfectly after the modifications to the steering angle and ride height.

Only the rear shock is past its sell date,it will be changed to Ohlins soon.

Swing arm will keep the stock dimensions only the design will be different,massive,big...just like the superbikes from these days

The carbs conversion is working better than expected already,she pics up revs much faster than before low down but higher up the rev range she is running a bit rich,some dyno time will sort that out.

All in all very satisfied already and its not finished by a long way so it can only get better.

groeten uit NL

Jasper.

Hate people like you, Jaspar..... <_ makes me feel so insufficient>

Bloody impressive work, Jaspar!! Hats off and free brews for that gentleman, bartender!

BR

Søren

PS: Recommended your bike to Jaap as BOTM material a month ago or so, so let's keep our fingers crossed :-)

I was afraid that i lost some power because of the carb,exhaust,ignition modifications but thats not the case!! :drink:

before it was 95hp 95nm at the rear wheel,now 96,and 99nm at the wheel with more to come.

The tuner/dyno operator was impressed with the Mikuni HSR carbs.. recommended and way cheaper than the Keihins :thumbsup:

Dyno run

• 1 month later...

nice ass bike, I wish I had half your talent, I'd fit a 4v into my V11 sport in a second(well prolly a week) but I'd give it a true make over, if you notice my status for my bike "nearing completion" forever, I don't have your skill but I do what I can, also Love the aprilia, so I got one. Love the MV's wish I had one, we should have beers I'll buy

nice ass bike, I wish I had half your talent, I'd fit a 4v into my V11 sport in a second(well prolly a week) but I'd give it a true make over, if you notice my status for my bike "nearing completion" forever, I don't have your skill but I do what I can, also Love the aprilia, so I got one. Love the MV's wish I had one, we should have beers I'll buy

Thanks,but Minnesota is a bit too far for that :lol:

Dont wish u had a MV :oldgit: ...if u drive them hard..they fall into bits..and then you have to pay a fortune for bits..no problem so far...but then you have to wait forever for those bits..that hurts the most... :angry:

Aprilias are THE bikes to have if you like fast riding and no drama.. thats why a RSV4 factory is going to replace my RSV as a trackbike..cant wait :wub:

Just took it for a blast,a friend of mine has this airplane maintenance shop..i just had to make this pic

3637681435_e59602dbab_b.jpg

3638497276_f68f33f7c9_b.jpg

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaszzzze pruetttttttty prrrrruettteeeeee PLEASE also redo the camshaft and the ports, or else i might not fall on my knees in complete crazy manner screaming and ripping my hair out because of the super nice work you ve done!!! :P

I saw a couple times the original ports of the 4 valver and they didnt impress me too much also i guess there is still some increase in valve size and compression possible if one makes some sort of oil spray nozzles in order to keep them from crackin (so i got told).

To my knowledge (its quite some years since i talked with them bout more detailed specs) raceco has a really nice camshaft for that bike. Together with the headwork and all the other thing i would see whooping increases of power.

kind regards and congratulations to your super nice work (no im not gonna fall on my knees "yet")

PS: Watch with the material for the swingarm, since with welding on that sorta thin bad bad things can happen outta the unexpected.

kind regards

christian