Nology Wires

Guest northend

Guest northend

Has anybody tried these spark plug wires on a new Le Mans?

They suppose to be much better than stock,hotter spark,stronger,shorter duration,etc. I dont want to hurt any of the electronics,ie,computer,PCIII,etc.

Thanks......Jeff(Northend) :bike:

Jeff,

I have not tried the wires but it sounds like snake oil to me. There is nothing wrong with the stock wires. If you want a hotter spark, invest money into an ignition amp or capacitive discharge unit and that is what you will get, a hotter and longer duration spark. Now thats what a Guzzi needs. :thumbsup:

Just my thought,

Mike

Here's a thread we had on plug-wires:

Spark Plug Wire Thread

...but specifically in regard to the Nology wires, I spoke with a couple folks such as Ken at Evoluzione.net and their thoughts were that the Nology wires will actually provide a shorter duration spark, and for our low-rpm engines that would not be beneficial. His explanation, which unfortunately I cannot remember, basically said that this type of system, even a CDI system, really is only beneficial for high-rpm applications which our engines do not approach.

Anyway, my conversations with several folks said that the Nology wires wouldn't be beneficial and a waste of money. They're very pricey...

But if you give them a try, let us know your experience...

al

Very funny!

But seriously, like the twin plug setup, I imagine you might want to back off the ignition advance, rather than enrichen the mixture.

And that is not as easily doable.

Al, Have you tried running the dual plugs yet?

...nope, but it's on my list :rolleyes:

I just sent off my pipes to Jet-Hot today, and the Ohlins forks are being resprung at Lindemann today, and I'm waiting on Victor at FBF to give me an ETA on the Duc axle....

... and I'm installing wireless to my xDSL in the basement, and hanging a new door in the kitchen... ooops that's not Guzzi related :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've just been too busy with home-improvment projects this Summer to take the time to get to the various in-process bike projects. A couple of them entailed the bike being "down" for a while, and I wanted to be able to ride it. And I wanted to wait until several of these projects coincided so I could do them all at once instead of tinkering every weekend. Oh.. and the garage is still stuffed with the GF and kids' boxes, so.... :P

It depends, but I'll probably start to get several of these things finished in October.

The dual-plug is one of the easiest though. I've got all the parts, and even though it would be ideal to be able to tweak the timing, TLM assures me that the bike will run fine without adjusting it... and in fact will run better. We'll see :huh2:

al

Guest northend

thanks for all the replies guys.

your right that a shorter spark wouldnt help our bikes, I thought they had some sort of capacitor built in that sort of built up the spark. Make cleaner (more precise) spark. They may not help our motors but they sure look cool :thumbsup:

Thanks guys....Jeff(Northend)

I don't recall off-hand, but I believe it was either the ML-CR5 or CR6. I went ahead and bought the 100cm versions, as they were the same price and could be cut to length as needed.

Either of the 90-degree resistor versions will work. I'm pretty sure I did not get the one with the screw-off/removable resistor, the CR5 as I don't see any reason to be able to remove it.

al