Conti Road Attacks fitted

stockport claret

Had a set of Conti Road Attacks fitted about a week ago and what a transformation over the admittedly worn Dunlops.

The bike had felt like two uni cycles joined together by elastic and had instilled zero confidence in me that I was thinking of selling.

Now though, just fantstic :race: the Guzzi has turned into a completely different machine. :mg:

I'm surprised more don't try Contis. They're good & they're cheap. I don't know how similar Road Attacks are - I used Sport Attacks & they suited character of bike great - slow, fluid steering, very consistent & well balanced. Ouiji veck - not surprised you like them they'd suit that flowing, keeping off the brakes style :thumbsup: .

KB :sun:

I'm surprised more don't try Contis. They're good & they're cheap. I don't know how similar Road Attacks are - I used Sport Attacks & they suited character of bike great - slow, fluid steering, very consistent & well balanced. Ouiji veck - not surprised you like them they'd suit that flowing, keeping off the brakes style :thumbsup: .

KB :sun:

I like the Contis too. I have Road Attacks on my RT. Smooth, quiet, reasonably quick turn in & nice stability when leaned over.. I havn't seen much rain with them though so I can't comment about wet grip. That's all about to change though. I'm doing 800+/- miles this weekend and the forecast doesn't look good. Hopefully they are as good as the Diablo Stradas or the Metz Z6s in the rain.

I had to try them (Road Attacks) in the rain extensively... <_ lots of grip too src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_duim.gif" alt=":thumbsup:">

I used them on the track once, but they get too hot too fast, especially the front (hard braking)

+1 on the Contis

Can I deduce new tyre always have a better behaviour than old one?

No matter the name or type?

I think so, going from a worn tyre to a new fresh one that has the right shape again makes half the difference. This counts maybe more for the back tyre than front.

But changing the front bt010 to a pilot power made such a huge difference that it wasn't just the old versus new one. And next to that the Powers are the best rain tyre I've had.

:) Baldini

Yep. We've been big proponents of brake light conservation in my clan for years. :)

If we see a brake light it'll be the topic of conversation on the next stop. (sorta)

Welcome the the ShoaLin Garage grass hopper....When you can walk the speedy dry without leaving

foot prints you may grind down your kick stand with us. :)

It's all in good fun, like a bunch of old men cheating each other at cards and laughing about it.

I can't say Contis are the best or better than brand x.

I believe any modern decent tire is fine.

I have ridden them extensively in the rain and they never did anything stupid

...like way back when I ran Dunlops....they were a bit... thrilling...in the wet.

....Yep. We've been big proponents of brake light conservation in my clan for years. :)...

Ouiji Veck, Few yrs back I was out with a bunch of lads & when we got to the pub someone told me my brake light wasn't working. I checked it - working fine, only I didn't use the brakes - I'd never thought much about it before, but I remember you posting here saying how you'd ride like that.

With these sticky tyres now it's a bit difficult - a lot of the fun is on the front brake, deep into a turn but trying to get all acceleration done before getting upright back onto the centreline - wear rate is ridiculous. I'd like more wear but it's difficult to give up the grip. KB :sun:

KB

A Guzzi is perfect for it. Set up outside and roll on the throttle through the corner,

sling shot out then cool it down the straight. My fastest speeds are exiting the corner

not at the end of the straight away........

"Cause Mamaaaaa..............That's where the fun issssssss"

Keeps the cops confused too. :)

If I was on a track or, lord forbid, racing on the road it would be a totally different story.

I'd be standing it on it's nose into the corner.

Well..maybe not the Goose but the Duc I did a few times. Just seeing if I could.

The Duc is gone because I know my place and enjoy it thoroughly and plan to keep on

enjoying it, complete with 2 legs and a one piece neck. :)