Just ordered our tickets for the Goodwood Revival in September. I have not been for a while- last time I went was about 8 years ago and Barry Sheene won both classic bike races on a Manx Norton.

Great atmosphere- priceless classic racing cars and bikes getting thrashed and crashed by the men who piloted them in the 50s / 60s / 70s. Access to the pits and the awesome sound of Spitfires as they fly inches above your head!

I can recommend it as a great day out if you are a fan of classic motorsport, with the noise alone being worth the entrance fee.

Video

Just ordered our tickets for the Goodwood Revival in September. I have not been for a while- last time I went was about 8 years ago and Barry Sheene won both classic bike races on a Manx Norton.

Great atmosphere- priceless classic racing cars and bikes getting thrashed and crashed by the men who piloted them in the 50s / 60s / 70s. Access to the pits and the awesome sound of Spitfires as they fly inches above your head!

I can recommend it as a great day out if you are a fan of classic motorsport, with the noise alone being worth the entrance fee.

Video

Great stuff. Certianly on my list of things to do someday.

IMHO, this event is currently the single greatest motorsport event in the world today. I'm extremely envious of my English cousins who can easily take in this event every year, as I would if I lived in England.

As I get older and cross off my "list of must do events", this event is one I simply must attend.

Steve

That's awesome Guy! I watch the television coverage of that event every year and it looks fantastic. Do they still have the hill climb? I think there was an incident there a few years ago. Are you going to dress in period garb like a lot of the other fans do?

FWIW I went to some vintage car races a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Some pics and a link to more are here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=Limerock

Wow!

If I hadn't been abroad in that time period I would have been there.

Next year?

Søren

Yes maybe we can have a V11 mini meeting there next year!

If you wear period dress you can get in the pits for free so my 1950s army surplus mechanics overalls may be worn.

The hillclimb is a different event called the Festival Of Speed- quite good fun but you can't see much due to the highly stacked hay bales. The Revival is much better because you can see racing on the open track.

If you ever wonder whether old guys like Stirling Moss still have it, the answer is yes- they are still awesomely fast and race like they are still fighting for world championships. Makes modern Formula 1 look very tame.

I'll mark the dates in my calendar for 2009. Definetely a place to visit.

Anybody else??

And yup, those ol´ farts can still race - no doubt about that. Massive respect! :thumbsup:

Søren

Goodwood festival of speed is supposed to be better

No way- I have been a couple of times- you can't see a thing. It is a short hillclimb held in a park with huge hay bales blocking the view.

Revival is miles better- proper racing on the Goodwood circuit with loads of room for the crowd.