Custom V11 On eBay

edge

How the hell does one stay on the seat under hard acceleration? seems like a waste of a perfectly good guzzi <_>

Forget acceleration: how does one stay on the seat over any kind of serious bump? Take that thing on the road, and the first freeway expansion joint you hit at speed will launch you over the bars, courtesy of that mounted direct to the swingarm, catapult of a seat!

What idiocy... not only ugly, but useless to boot! Any "custom bike builder" should be forced to ride his creation on an IBA qualifier before he's allowed to offer it for sale. :oldgit:

What happened to form following function?

There are certainly more Tontis that have been chopped and bobbed.

Here is one I think it is less attractive, but more practical.

http://www.motoguzzishop.com/images/Stoned...y/JonneyJ_0.jpg

And a much nicer one from Moto Guzzi Classics

http://motoguzziclassics.com/MGCCustom2.asp

But what do I know? Sometimes I can appreciate some custom cruisers for their artistic value and fine craftmanship, and bobbed tails make sense, but choppers don't make sense to me. Maybe it is the image???

Anyone care to explain why people want choppers?

Different strokes...

A lot of modern customs are throwbacks to the past. With choppers and bobbers, a lot of the stuff was being done by returning GI's after the war with leftover Harleys, and it comes back in to fashion I guess every so often. Hot rodders follow similar patterns for sure, and regardless of utility, few people would turn down the keys to a '32 Highboy roadster. Or at least the people I know. I chalk it up to people wanting to create something different. It's definitely original.

People sometimes look at me funny for riding a Guzzi, so :huh2:

Different strokes...

A lot of modern customs are throwbacks to the past. With choppers and bobbers, a lot of the stuff was being done by returning GI's after the war with leftover Harleys, and it comes back in to fashion I guess every so often. Hot rodders follow similar patterns for sure, and regardless of utility, few people would turn down the keys to a '32 Highboy roadster. Or at least the people I know. I chalk it up to people wanting to create something different. It's definitely original.

People sometimes look at me funny for riding a Guzzi, so :huh2:

Maybe if I rode a chopper I could learn to appreciate one????

A Highboy Roadster makes more sense to me.

Choppers make about as much sense to me as a low rider with one inch of suspension travel on trimmed stock soft springs.

I see a lot of custom cruisers that I would not mind owning if only they had decent clearance, rake, and trail.

The returning GI thing makes some sense.

Just so it's on the record, I don't really like the choppers all that much, either. ;)

Or the 'tuner car' set.

And worst of all, now that I'm thinking about it, are the extended-swingarm, NOS-bottled 'drag bikes' riding around on the street. :moon:

Still, to each his own I guess.

Neither the designer aka "Hack" nor the lister knows anything about motorcycles.

I love this: It sounds like it just rolled off the F1 circuit and now it's coming for the women and children of a town near you!! You have to hear this thing.

Any body knows a straight pipe VTwin sounds like a$$. Sorry if you disagree... Too bad he wasn't smart enough to build a proper exhaust system..

However, If it was a Scura to begin with. Bravo.... (Sorry, Had to do it. Internet sarcasm)

On a scale of 1-10 I give it, Damn broke my scale.....

Richard Z.

Looks like nice craftsmanship but I HATE the whole unrideable chopper scene. He ruined the bike. :oldgit:

At least if he did it to a Harley as most do, he would have started with a bike that didn't handle worth a shit to begin with. :whistle:

Not feeling it. I just don't care for the lines, it's not organic enough, too many mismatched shapes, finishes, textures. I like custom stuff but he missed the mark on this one. What is the big radiator looking thing in front of the engine for?

:o

What is the big radiator looking thing in front of the engine for?

:o

Maybe it is to hide the ECU, battery, fuses, etc? Maybe there is some form following function???

Those that like the look of water cooled bike might dig the look, but those that appreciate air cooled engines, might take it as an insult!!!! :oldgit:

307312zl4.th.jpg