Rosso Corsa register

Guzzirider

The triple clamp was never drilled for handlebar mounts and the side covers say "V11 Lemans".  I'm wondering if this wasn't some type one off.  The paint is original, with the exception of the right side of the fairing,  and the wheels look powder coated.  Everything looks factory, though as mentioned before, the history of the vehicle is strange with the low mileage and the one owner title.  That one owner said the bike was as he bought it with the exception of the new Pirelli tires he put on.

I know! It’s becoming more interesting by the minute. It’s like they bolted RC bodywork on a Sport and then added fancy wheel paint. Can’t imagine why a dealer or an owner would go to the trouble. 

I just sent a note to the guy I bought it from to get the facts about how he got it. I’m thinking it may be a Frankenstein assembles by a dealer after it or another bike was damaged on a test ride.

• Like 1

Guzzi seems to be the Colt's Patent Firearms of motorcycles - no two intentionally built alike.  The color/fairing/handlebar combinations are seemingly inexplicable. BTW, I will be in your home town (is it still standing?) in about 1.5 hours on my '04 Ballabio.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jwatches said:

Yes, Seattle has managed to avoid all the fires. I’m new to this forum, but feel free to message me if that is possible and we can arrange a viewing of this oddity.

Will be in Seattle Tomorrow at 11AM for a blood draw at SCCA - Eastlake and Mercer more or less. .

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi I ought to add mine to the register, it’s a 2003 with 15,000 miles. Previous owner bought it from Teasdale Motorcycles (a Guzzi dealer here in the UK) I’ve hardly used it in the past year as I’m currently awash with V11’s and a Griso. For the past 3 months been using my Greenie, and my 1999 Silver red framed Sport 

F2BFEEBB-7D81-4A60-9B93-4D00B61A9782.jpeg

• Like 6

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, Veggy said:

GuzziMax, I'm pretty certain that was mine before you got it...

Hello Veggy, I’ve had the bike for just over 2 years. It’s previous owner lived near Tamworth, and he bought it from Teasdale Motorcycles around 2 years previously. It’s only had 3 previous owners before me. Looking back at all the old MOT certs it looks like the first owner lived in the NE and kept the bike for around 11 years. The last time it was MOT’d in Newcastle was during 2014, then in 2015 it was MOT’d in Warrington - was this you?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Hello Veggy, I’ve had the bike for just over 2 years. It’s previous owner lived near Tamworth, and he bought it from Teasdale Motorcycles around 2 years previously. It’s only had 3 previous owners before me. Looking back at all the old MOT certs it looks like the first owner lived in the NE and kept the bike for around 11 years. The last time it was MOT’d in Newcastle was during 2014, then in 2015 it was MOT’d in Warrington - was this you?

I must've had it 2014 after the dealer in Newcastle MOT'd it for me. I'm Warrington, yes. I searched high and low for one for years but then had some back surgery, putting biking to one side, when fit again I was determined to own one. If you can pm your number or email if thats allowed, I can fill in a few blanks. Lovely bike, enjoyed it but little time unfortunately. I'd love to see her again some time, I never saw another on the road. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Veggy said:

I must've had it 2014 after the dealer in Newcastle MOT'd it for me. I'm Warrington, yes. I searched high and low for one for years but then had some back surgery, putting biking to one side, when fit again I was determined to own one. If you can pm your number or email if thats allowed, I can fill in a few blanks. Lovely bike, enjoyed it but little time unfortunately. I'd love to see her again some time, I never saw another on the road. 

NK03XMU

Currently living in a carcoon in my garage. But it’s going back on the road in the next few weeks. I’ve hardly used it during the 2 years that I’ve had it, but currently I’ve got 5 other Guzzi’s and I only put them on the road in the spring & summer. I just tax 2 at a time, SORN the rest and alternate them. It is a fabulous bike. I’ll probably be taking a V11 to the Guzzi stand at the Festival of 1000 Bikes in July. It’ll either be the Rosso Corsa or the silver V11 Sport. Rosso (and Nero) Corsa’s are really rare in the UK, but there is currently one on eBay asking price somewhat optimistically £8250!

Ill find a way of PMing my email and no to you. I hope you have fully recovered from your back surgery and are enjoying biking again 

25A025D7-BA19-4904-BCC0-65F0326CEC1B.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Newbie Rosso Corsa owner here in Idaho. Has handlebars, Full Mistral Exhaust etc. Previous owner bought out of a collection in Fla several yrs ago and there was mention of the handlebar conversion being done at the factory as a special order in order to qualify it for some specific racing class? Not sure about the legitimacy of this but maybe one of the experts on this site have more knowledge of such things. Regardless, it’s a really nice bike to ride. That said, I might like to convert back to either stock clip ons or quality aftermarket units since the handlebars do limit the range of the steering circumference due to mirrors interfering. Also not sure about the gold wheels and red rear hugger? Might like to convert both back as well.

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_0044.jpeg

• Like 3