Nero Corsa Register

savagehenry

Folks,

Just became a '06 Nero Corsa owner after lusting after a friends for ages! Bought it secondhand in UK with only 3800 miles on clock - absolutely pristine and I think its only the second one in Ireland.

Have put up a good few miles already around the spectacular 'Ring of Kerry' road where I live.

Now, if I could only figure out why the fuel pump relay keeps blowing........................!!!!

Fuel pump relay ?

New to this and am sure that I should be directing this to a technical forum but anyway:

Motor died during a (spirited) run a while ago. She wouldn't restart and I noticed that I couldn't hear the fuel pump kicking in when I turned on the ignition. Assumed it was a relay and ran into a nearby auto electrician, got a replacement and popped it in at the side of the road. Hey presto, she fired up and ran fine until Saturday when she wouldn't start in the garage. Again the fuel pump was silent, so put in another relay (from a breakers yard!)and she's fine since. Your reply suggests that I might be barking up the wrong tree. Any pointer to a relevant technical thread?

Just had mine blow too. It was slightly maddening determining the issue as it went intermittent before it died entirely. Don't have a technical thread to point you to, but I bought a bunch of replacements to have spares from Dan Prunuske: http://www.dpguzzi.com/relay.htm Buy three or more and they're US$3.10 each postpaid in the US. I bought one relay from my local shop and it set me back $38 and the least expensive I found them online elsewhere was about $4 each before shipping. I'm sure it would be a bit more to ship internationally, but it's worth asking Dan.

• 3 months later...

Also, be sure your relays are making a good connection with the relay housing's contacts, and the wires to those female contacts from underneath are solid.

Hello

I'm French sorry my english is no good.

My Néro Corsa year 2005 35000km.

Bye :bike:

19e45c549d957c96d525ac829714b8ae.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Picking mine up tomorrow, an '04 with 1,300 miles in beautiful shape. Will post pics. Interesting that it's about 30 miles away from Splicer's. expect we'll run into each other at the next Alameda Italian car/bike show.

• 2 weeks later...
Picking mine up tomorrow, an '04 with 1,300 miles in beautiful shape. Will post pics. Interesting that it's about 30 miles away from Splicer's. expect we'll run into each other at the next Alameda Italian car/bike show.

Greetings Lamedog......... and congrats.

If I understand this corectly you found a Nero with 1300 documented miles!!! ? care to send a quick pick for druelling purposes. :thumbsup:

PM me when you can...........

Ok, so the very last LeMans rolled of the line in 04... I asume this must be the Nero Corsa, but what I dont know is how many were built???

In NZ the Rosso is commonish but I have the only Nero that I know of and that possably including Aussie aswell... 

How the hell do we find out how many were built?

• 1 month later...

I have not made any notes who and where wrote it, I have just made notes from different threads, when I have ran into a number:

V11LeMans.com: Scura R/18, Coppa Italia/122, LeMans Tenni/170, LeMans Nero Corsa/200, Rosso Mandello/300, Scura/700.

V11sport.de: Scura was built alltogether 750.

If a model sells, who wouldn't make an additinal series...

Apparently, the 2005-2006 Scura R was the last of the V11. There may have been some Coppa Italia in both 2004 and 2005.

Pity we don't have all the production numbers . . .

• 2 years later...

Well I just bagged one last week, it's now in bits all over my garage floor...........checking all the bearings and other know issues whilst the winter is here, and hopefully it will all be sorted by the time spring is here, although to be honest it's pretty sorted already .

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...