The Ulster, May 2009

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy you're homemade route maps.

Sorry I missed it. Wish I could've been there :)

The maps were from a year ago, but show the same area. This time, direction of travel was reverse.

Another time, perhaps. I do want to keep some sort of local meet going, as well as whatever V.11 forum events are organised elsewhere.

Good idea. The GMG is down actually. As usual just a matter of precise timing. Throw in a bit enforced global warming and it could become a fixed event in Guzzi World.

Hubert

• 1 month later...

You'll recognise this stretch of road: up part of east side of Strangford Lough.

I put a basic pocket camera in tank bag – and unlike other videos posted before, there's no microphone so no good sound.

These videos scare me to death everytime - until I realise the left side is the right side :blink:

Nice scenery though.

Edit: after posting this I saw you already got your share of "wrong side of the road" comments in the other thread so I might add that this was not my point, the point is you should see me watching these videos, I literally almost fall off my chair yielding when the first car approaches :o

I'm still recovering from a broken femur for riding on the wrong side of the road in South Africa <_>

The bad part was that is was the last day of a four day trip and I was about two hours from returning the bike to Cape Town when the accident happened. I had done fine up until then. I had stopped to take a picture on a lonely road, and when I took off, I began riding on the right. Old habits and whatnot. If there had been any other traffic around, I would have fallen into the correct lane, but as there was no traffic, my brain switched off :rolleyes:

In a car the wrong side on this island is fun, really no big thing to me. The roundabouts come even easier to me as they do here at home. But I have to admit, thinking of it on a motorcycle is rather scaring me. It must be totaly different. You're so trained how to do a right or left bend, I don't know how fast you could switch these mechanisms.

Jaap, did you find it difficult or scary?

Hubert

I do a fair bit of riding abroad and don't mind riding on the right at all. Straight off the ferry, and as Jaap says follow the traffic and within 5 minutes you are tuned in.

In fact I find it harder when I get back to to England to remember to ride on the left!