Side stand switch

Greybeard

Normally open or closed?

(too late & lazy to unplug it and get out my meter)

I just noticed that mine has been defeated by the absence of the litle gubbin on the stand that activates the plunger.

Might just as well unplug it but wondering if I need to bridge the connecter.

Hmm, I'm surprised at no response as of yet.

With the side stand up, the switch is closed, routing power to the 'run switch.'

When the side stand is down, power to the run switch must come from the relay activated by the neutral switch. This is, of course, called the "sidestand relay" just to make an appropriate Italian confusion of things.

Normally open or closed?

(too late & lazy to unplug it and get out my meter)

I just noticed that mine has been defeated by the absence of the litle gubbin on the stand that activates the plunger.

Might just as well unplug it but wondering if I need to bridge the connecter.

The pin on the side stand that activates the interlock bent on my V11 last year,was having a food break came out pressed the starter,"nothing",tried to bump start it "Ditto"then i rememberd this problem from another site and cut the wire feed right off,problem solved.

Drove away a few times with the side stand down till it sank in,"Age",Later in the summer in a parking lot i pressed the starter with the bike reading neutral let out the clutch the bike jumped about three feet broke the left side signal light and a couple of small scratches on the fairing,false neutral nuff said,iv'e got one on order it might make it here before the end of the summer, the whole thing with the wireing is $70 Canadian,dont' know if this helps you i did without mine till i got the false neutral dont' want that to happen again

Stu.

Thank you, gentle people.

By virtue of the fact that my legs (and concomitantly, the remainder of me) are rather short, I've had to develop certain self-preservation techniques with regards to starting and slow maneuvering of motorcycles.

Clutch in regardless.

Perfect balance when reaching for the side stand.

Obsessively check side stand is up .

I can only get one foot down at a light so don't pull to the right hand side at a stop light risking putting one's foot off the pavement and dropping one's 1988 H-D FXR on it's side while your riding partner laughs his fool head off, sonofab***h :angry:

But, I was blessed with the results of hours in the gym and can lift the bike efficiently if not effortlessly....still, there is face to save, eh?

I digress...thank you again and I'll bridge the connecter.

It'll help lighten the bike. ;)