ULSTER 2 – Sheep Island View

belfastguzzi

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, Can,t wait :race:

Gary, Harry and James]: I'm not sure yet when exactly I will travel, but I (and Davy Russell?) could meet you guys at Larne when you get in just after noon on Friday?

Do you want to PM me a mobile phone number?

Andy Bogwopit

You still planning to arrive in at the unearthly hour of 6.30 that morning?

Any thoughts on what you'll do?

Bob B will be at the Hostel on Thursday night, so he'll probably be there if you do head on up early Friday morning.

Anyone else likely to be heading north and going through Belfast or Larne on Friday late morning/midday?

That timescale could match the guys coming up via Dublin on Friday morning – Jaap, Antonio, Jens & poss Somersetlemon.

Anyone got Jaap's mobile number?

Trevor, what crossing/when for you?

David

Gary: I'm not sure yet when exactly I will travel, but maybe meet you guys at Larne. You get in just after noon on Friday?

Do you want to PM me a mobile phone number?

Andy Bogwopit

You still planning to arrive in at the unearthly hour of 6.30 that morning?

Any thoughts on what you'll do?

Bob B will be at the Hostel on Thursday night, so he'll probably be there if you do head on up early Friday morning.

Anyone else likely to be heading north and going through Belfast or Larne on Friday late morning/midday?

That timescale could match the guys coming up via Dublin on Friday morning.

Anyone got Jaap's mobile number?

Trevor, what crossing/when for you?

David

Evening Dave.

Yes the ferry i,am coming on is due in at 6.30am. I,ll probably head to a relatives house first for an Ulster Fry, then I,ll head to the hostel mid morning or so for a look around and say hello to bob.

See you Friday,

Andy.

Trevor needs a new rear tyre so I think that I will wait for him to come down to Belfast from Larne and bring him to a tyre change place. Then I'll go up to Ballintoy with him and Louise, early afternoon (I hope).

So Gary, you just head on up when you arrive off the ferry.

See you all at tea time.

Re enquiries about what is happening when.

Saturday is most likely to be short rides around some of the North Coast attractions and sights

– Giant's Causeway, Carrick a Rede ropeway, Torr Head, Bushmills Distillery, Downhill

– The Portrush Raft Race will be on, so it would be sensible to avoid that popular seaside resort.

I didn't book Distillery as bookings can only be made for the mornings. We can turn-up and get individual tickets.

Back to Ballintoy for Saturday evening.

Sunday Start at 10am?? for a longer ride to Donegal, taking the Magilligan - Greencastle ferry to Inishowen

– 15 min £5/€7.50 single (£7.50 return) -

to the spectacular Malin headland: Ireland's most northerly point.

There is also a seasonal Buncrana - Rathmullan ferry that could extend the westerly scope of the run, but I don't think that it starts until mid-June. We can see when we go by Buncrana.

It could be an idea to bring some € Euros for a trip across the border to Donegal.

Has anyone seen/met up with Jaap, Ant & Jens on their way through the British Empire?

Arrived home last night at 11.30. Had a great time, If you have ever wondered why you ride a bike it was for weekends like this :race:. great scenery, good food and drink :drink:, nice weather and to put names to faces. A big thanks to David for organising. :thumbsup:

Just got back from my 12 day trip to the UK (and a bit of the Irish Republic). Great! The meeting in Ballintoy was the highlight of the tour. Big thanks to BFG for organizing it :notworthy: and I also want to thank Antonio and Jens for putting up with me for a week!

I'll post some pics when I find time.

Another great trip, with great company. Got home knackered after a straight forward 5 hour spin, the bike didn't miss a beat. for a change.

Sitting in my nice clean hotel room in Johannesburg 2 days later, I was almost missing the farting scot snorers from the celtic bedroom. Almost.....!

Another success Dave, roll on the dutch invasion in September.

There will be beer, won't there?

alfabier.jpgGulpener_Foto.jpg

...bla..., roll on the dutch invasion in September.

There will be beer, won't there?

Beer Enough!

By the way, there is also possibility to order the brand beer we wish to drink.

'cos we are in Limburg, I suggest a Limburgian beer, Brand, Alfa, Gulpener or another one.

Jaap and me in a few weeks will meet the owner there, Paul, and ask him about the price and the taste of the beer.

brandbier.gif