How to turn your V11 into a G&B Sport Monza

Admin Jaap

Thanks! Before the rebuild the bike already produced 91 bhp instead of the standard 79. And that was only with K&N's and Mistral mufflers. I can't guess how much it is now as I haven't been on the bike for 1,5 years.

Later this year I will probably take it to HdeB to have it dynoed and remapped properly.

Hope to see you on the Italday in Tiel, August 22nd. That's when she makes her "debut" :rolleyes:

Thanks! Before the rebuild the bike already produced 91 bhp instead of the standard 79. And that was only with K&N's and Mistral mufflers. I can't guess how much it is now as I haven't been on the bike for 1,5 years.

Later this year I will probably take it to HdeB to have it dynoed and remapped properly.

Hope to see you on the Italday in Tiel, August 22nd. That's when she makes her "debut" :rolleyes:

A dyno run on Henk's dyno is excellent ,so we can compare a bit because mine was done there too. :grin:

If im in Holland at the time of the Italday i will go there for sure..weather permitting off course.

But looking at my schedule now i dont think i can make it. <_>

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update: It's back from the painters and I will have pics soon.

Yesterday evening we weighed the bike: 202 kgs with oil and full petrol tank.

So that's about 190 kgs dry weight.

202 Kg fully fueled is seriously light by any standard. So where's all the weight gone? Quite a lot from the wheels presumably, but where else? Please give the rest of us a few clues! I reckon a weight saving of that magnitude will turn the V11 into the bike it always should have been!

Here it is:

gallery_757_87_45464.jpg

(Sorry for the bad pic taken with my mobile, better pics will follow)

I think the main weight loss is caused by the wheels. The OEM body parts are very heavy too. The G&B subframe is a lot lighter.

I've alsoadded a lot of (lighter) aftermarket stuff:

Rossopuro cardan reaction rod and upper triple tee,

Braking Wave discs

M&R adjustable clipons

etc, etc.