Coppa Italia Registry

SRL

• 3 months later...

Even though I've been told to stay very private by my Witness Protection Program Handler :whistle: , I'm sooo happy I can't contain myself :drink: so I have to quietly mention that in an undisclosed location in an undisclosed garage in middle Tennessee a new, to me, CI has landed! What a glorious ride! :race:

• 5 months later...

I am picking one up this Saturday. 4100 miles. Titanium exhaust and ecu. Bar end mirrors and tank bag. Superb condition. Taking it to my New Hampshire mountains home.

An motorcyclist, and casual friend, knows I have a small collection of interesting bikes, told me he had a friend selling his Coppa and I should go see it. Wow. Great find. What a terrific bike. Great looking and top components. A price was negotiated and this one will be another unique and special bike in my garage. My first Moto Guzzi.

I will add a serial number to this post once I pick it up.

Tod

Did anyone on here grab the one that was on ebay the other day?

The one on Ebay is still active. No sale yet. My guess is any sale will take place offline. They should wait till spring.

Did anyone on here grab the one that was on ebay the other day?

The one on Ebay is still active. No sale yet. My guess is any sale will take place offline. They should wait till spring.

Wait 'til Spring? The riding season is just starting.....oh maybe that is just for us here in Florida! :xmas:

• 1 month later...

IMG_0259.jpg

Finally had a chance to post a pic of my new to me Coppa

4,300 miles

Titanium exhaust ECU kit

Bar end mirrors.

Oil pan windage plate arrived and will be installed before I ride it any longer. Very hilly here and the oil light flickered when accelerating hard up the hills; not so good.

My first Guzzi after 44 years of many motorcycles.  Why did I wait so long?

Tod

• 3 weeks later...
attachicon.gifIMG_0259.jpg

Finally had a chance to post a pic of my new to me Coppa

4,300 miles

Titanium exhaust ECU kit

Bar end mirrors.

Oil pan windage plate arrived and will be installed before I ride it any longer. Very hilly here and the oil light flickered when accelerating hard up the hills; not so good.

My first Guzzi after 44 years of many motorcycles.  Why did I wait so long?

Tod

Tod, there is nothing more exhilarating than being out of the rider activity for decades then make your grand entrance on such a superb motorcycle.  I did the same thing about eight years ago, started on an Aprillia SL Mille, then moved to a Lemans Rosso Corsa, then on to my Coppa Italia.  Enjoys! :thumbsup:

I only stopped riding motorcycles for about five years when the kids were little as I did not have time.  The Coppa is my first MG.  Started riding on a 1967 Honda 160 Scrambler when I was 17.  My list of bikes to the left are current bikes.  

Also took care of a bucket list item and went Formula Ford racing a few years back for three seasons.  Best result a third at Watkins Glen.

After years of Motorcycles and sports cars (and car racing) I have decided that my retirement years would be focused on the vehicles I love most; Motorcycles.  Only thing missing now is a two stroke street bike.  Hard to find a good one for a decent price. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...