Vacuum port hose barb?

Bocephus

I'd like to check the TPS and whatnot on my V11 but the ports on the intake manifolds are plugged on my 2000 V11.

I assume that the PO did this for some reason but I am wondering if anyone knows a good place for hose barb fittings for this small a barb? The plug appears to be an M6 1.0 thread pitch. I've been to the few places locally I thought I might find one but no luck.

Open to suggestions if anyone has ideas. Thanks!

Yes, they are 6mm

Buy a couple of straight 6mm grease nipples, zerts or whatever you call them.

Grind the back end a little so the spring and ball pop out.

You might be able to do that with a drill or file but mine were really hard.

Just a side note, plastic tubing will get soft and drop off once heated up, try to use some rubber hose for the last few inches or wire the plastic tube in place.

If you are making your own manometer the attached may help,

Use something like oil that won't damage the engine if it's sucked in. I found 30 oil has about the right damping.

Dip one end into the oil bottle and suck it from the bottle into the tube until the straight section is about half full

If you get air bubbles in the oil suck on one side then the other the air quickly works it's way out

Roy

Carb Sync Tool.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks again for the info. I ran through the TB sync and TPS adjustment yesterday and all was well and she is smoother than ever. I made my own manometer and started with 10 weight oil which was a mistake. Far too thin and impossible to read. 30 is perfect. I also used some small zip ties to keep the hose ends attached to the zerks and they worked fine.

I loaded a new .map file that I grabbed off the site as a baseline for mine and after some tweaking it is running really good. I'll upload it and say thanks to all for the great site and wealth of knowledge. Now if I'll only remember to follow directions I should be set for next time.

:bier:

• 11 years later...

Amazon will ship the barbed fittings, "Brass Fitting Connector Metric M6-1 Male to Barb Fit Hose ID 6mm 2pcs"  currently $7.69 for the pair. I have the modified zerk fittings but they are prone to leaking on my setup. Canola cooking oil works fine too in 3/16" hose. If you're in a hurry just spit a mouthful into yer hose & go - no bubbles either. :P:

• Haha 1