Sunday Sept 12th Catskills,Upstate NY, Westpoint,Woodstock

mznyc

Tried this before but work and weather have thwarted previous attempts.

I am off on Sunday September 12th and would like to host a get together and ride in the beautiful Mid-Hudson Valley Region.

The plan would be to get together early on Sunday morning ,8-9 ish, do a 150-200 mile ride,almost all twisties,lunch midday and get back to the Thurway(probably exit 18 Kingston) about 5-6 pm so anyone coming from a 50-100 mile distance can get home by 7-8 ish.

Anyone who can come up Saturday night, we can meet up have dinner look over maps and tell lies. :drink:

Many affordable motels in the area and if it worked out to be less than a 3-4 people you could stay at my house,in Accord NY,about 20 mins from New Paltz.

I would still like to do a Foliage Weekend but am usually busy in October but this would be a good test to see if we could pull it off,maybe mid October,peak leaf colors,if it works out.

Michael :rasta::bier:

Tried this before but work and weather have thwarted previous attempts.

I am off on Sunday September 12th and would like to host a get together and ride in the beautiful Mid-Hudson Valley Region.

The plan would be to get together early on Sunday morning ,8-9 ish, do a 150-200 mile ride,almost all twisties,lunch midday and get back to the Thurway(probably exit 18 Kingston) about 5-6 pm so anyone coming from a 50-100 mile distance can get home by 7-8 ish.

Anyone who can come up Saturday night, we can meet up have dinner look over maps and tell lies. :drink:

Many affordable motels in the area and if it worked out to be less than a 3-4 people you could stay at my house,in Accord NY,about 20 mins from New Paltz.

I would still like to do a Foliage Weekend but am usually busy in October but this would be a good test to see if we could pull it off,maybe mid October,peak leaf colors,if it works out.

Michael :rasta::bier:

Hi, That sounds like a great plan, coming off the Island, more details needed. New Palts about 2 hours from me. Ed

Hi Ed,

I'll adjust route and meet time when we get a final head count.Meet at one of the exits of the Thurway or motel,I have a few suggestions, if anyone stays up on Saturday night.i have to work on Saturday but will back back about 6pm so i could meet for dinner if anyone comes up early.

Hope you can make it,

Michael

This place is great,stone's throw fron NYST ,killer steak :food: ,multiple brews made on site :bier: ,and you can crawl back to the room,

http://www.skytop.moonfruit.com/

Look Guys!! This is really a killer area to ride! Just plenty of sites to see,areas to go phew! Wow what a great view. Mike has some great hospitality,places to eat,things to do.Guys definitely give Mike a ping. We all make the good times! Hope to see some of you Guzzists!Its not the destination its the ride!Hope to see some of the usual suspects!

Chris

Ya Chris it's a shame that the Beemer crowd embarrasses our group by how many gatherings they do all around the country.A V11 specific group,(but any would be welcome in my eyes),would be a very cool thing, as I don't know if there's been one in the Northeast.Being able to pull off one as an annual event,especially during fall with a color show unique to the area and perfect riding temps could be special.

Hey if we can pull 2-3 guys together,I would consider that a success.

Hoping Hal,JRT,Tomm,ryland,falconlion,guzzimoto,aermacchi among others will be able to make it,,... :race:

Ya Chris it's a shame that the Beemer crowd embarrasses our group by how many gatherings they do all around the country.A V11 specific group,(but any would be welcome in my eyes),would be a very cool thing, as I don't know if there's been one in the Northeast.Being able to pull off one as an annual event,especially during fall with a color show unique to the area and perfect riding temps could be special.

Hoping Hal,JRT,Tomm,ryland,falconlion,guzzimoto,aermacchi among others will be able to make it,,... race.gif

Weather permitting I am definitely a game. I might cut out a bit earlier but if we get together by about 10-10:30 am then 150 miles should take about no more then 3 hours and that would put us around 3 pm. I would prefer to get the loop set up so we end up close to a starting point or as close to Bear mountain as possible. Its only another 1-1:30 to get back to Brooklyn. If we get evn earlier that would be nice and I can make it home by no later then 5pm. I pretty much used my Guzzi exclusively for the last 1.5 months and I am in the Bear mountain region every Sunday for the last 1.5 months

I would be happy to meet new people

When Jude and I were in the area about ten days ago I saw a V11 flash past us in upstate NY just after we'd crossed over from Vermont on the ferry. One of ony a few Guzzis I saw on the trip apart from at the DY rally and when I met Guzzi folks. I think it was a Lemans or a Greyish 'Naked'. Any of you lot??

Pete

When Jude and I were in the area about ten days ago I saw a V11 flash past us in upstate NY just after we'd crossed over from Vermont on the ferry. One of ony a few Guzzis I saw on the trip apart from at the DY rally and when I met Guzzi folks. I think it was a Lemans or a Greyish 'Naked'. Any of you lot??

Pete

Not me Pete,I'm about a 100+ miles sounth down the Hudson.

I think my friend Mark with a black Eldo met you at the rally.Unfourtunately I had to work that weekend.If your ever in the area again you'll always have an offer of beer, barbie,or bed,.. :drink:

PS did you sell the Scura?

Hoping Hal,JRT,Tomm,ryland,falconlion,guzzimoto,aermacchi among others will be able to make it,,... race.gif

Weather permitting I am definitely a game. I might cut out a bit earlier but if we get together by about 10-10:30 am then 150 miles should take about no more then 3 hours and that would put us around 3 pm. I would prefer to get the loop set up so we end up close to a starting point or as close to Bear mountain as possible. Its only another 1-1:30 to get back to Brooklyn. If we get evn earlier that would be nice and I can make it home by no later then 5pm. I pretty much used my Guzzi exclusively for the last 1.5 months and I am in the Bear mountain region every Sunday for the last 1.5 months

I would be happy to meet new people

Hi Vlad,

Good to see she's been treating you good.

Hope you can make it.

We won't be able to run 150-200 miles in 3 hours.You would have to run 50mph with no stops for 3 hrs to do that.We would be running mostly twisty stuff.With stops and average speed we would probably average 25 mph and believe me the pace would be fun,but add in a lunch and I think 8hrs is reasonable.

I'll send out some PM's today in case some of the locals have missed the thread and once we have a head count and every one voices what they want and times they have to be home, I'll propose a route.I'll start working on some Google maps routes when I get some downtime later today at work.

Keep in mind I'm an hour north of Bear Mountain,so if you rode up and back and a 6+ route you'd be looking at 10+ hour day.Not a problem for me,but I know that's not for everyone.Not to worry,I'll come up with something that I think will put a smile on all's face.

And the offer to crash at my place on Sat is open to all.Makes it a lot easier not starting the day with a 2 hour slab ride.

Michael