Cool Cats-kills Fall Meet ! October 2 and 3rd!

mznyc

Got clouded out last week,never really rained up here just a couple sprinkles but threat killed planned ride.So here's new dates with an alt date in case of a washout.This will be near peak foliage color and it should be spectacular this year.Again ,I will propose a two date meet as this will give more options to all.Meet up for Friday night for dinner in the New Paltz,Kingston,Woodstock area,depending on who comes and from where.Many affordable motels in the area,if more than a couple of people are interested I'll try to negotiate a group price from a local place.I like this place.Right near the NY Thruway and has a great restaurant, http://www.skytop.moonfruit.com/

All day ride Saturday in the Catskills ,250-300 miles of mostly all twisties,beautiful sights,and great food.Maybe even a BBQ at my house,.. :food:

A shorter day Sunday in the Bear Mountain,Harriman area,breakfast and about a 100 mile run with great roads and lunch finishing up around 4 pm which should get everyone home by early evening.

These are the original routes I'll adjust Saturday to add on about 75 miles of really good stuff.Depending on interest I could cut it down to one day.

Post up thoughts and suggestions,....

Saturday October 2nd

Sunday October 3rd

Alternative date will be Saturday October 9th.

• 1 year later...

Got clouded out last week,never really rained up here just a couple sprinkles but threat killed planned ride.So here's new dates with an alt date in case of a washout.This will be near peak foliage color and it should be spectacular this year.Again ,I will propose a two date meet as this will give more options to all.Meet up for Friday night for dinner in the New Paltz,Kingston,Woodstock area,depending on who comes and from where.Many affordable motels in the area,if more than a couple of people are interested I'll try to negotiate a group price from a local place.I like this place.Right near the NY Thruway and has a great restaurant, http://www.skytop.moonfruit.com/

All day ride Saturday in the Catskills ,250-300 miles of mostly all twisties,beautiful sights,and great food.Maybe even a BBQ at my house,.. :food:

A shorter day Sunday in the Bear Mountain,Harriman area,breakfast and about a 100 mile run with great roads and lunch finishing up around 4 pm which should get everyone home by early evening.

These are the original routes I'll adjust Saturday to add on about 75 miles of really good stuff.Depending on interest I could cut it down to one day.

Post up thoughts and suggestions,....

Saturday October 2nd

Sunday October 3rd

Alternative date will be Saturday October 9th.

I have been going to the color in the catskills the last couple of years and always had a great time. Usually I bring my Paris Dakar because there is some nice back dirt road riding in the area. I won't be able to get there this year but my son will be there leading demo rides for Max BMW. I hope the weather is good!

Hal

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hal

That was from last year.

I was just up your way this week,did Lake George/Champlain,Northern Vermont-Southern Vt.Perfect weather and colors.

Guzzi's still down with shifting problems so took the VFR.Gonna be out of town for a couple weeks but back around the 28th if you want to come down and chase the colors south,Dutchess,Ulster,Harriman,...