V11Lemans.com continental meeting 2011

ferguzzi

..and he still is indeed :helmet:

More to come soon but keep your calendar open for medio May.

Cheers

Søren

Sounds good to me. Because Denmark is somewhere I know pretty much nothing about, apart from good looking women, nice beer, and something about metallica.

Oh, and the Danes spend more money on entertaining themselves then any other nation in Europe. The Irish are second. Despite my best efforts...

Bring on the Spring!

• 2 months later...

Ahh, Spring.

daffodils are blooming, lambs are jumping, the tenni's getting restless.

Is there still a plan?

I just need a date and a destination. Ferries need to be booked, roads planned, loins girded(?).

I don't think our meetings are more or less Remo shows us.

Last year I was in N.I. and it was pretty to be there with a lot of Guzzisti.

Myself and other guys did not own a V11 anymore, but we have had a good time anyway :thumbsup:

I think that the cost of travel on a continental meeting will become more and more of a difficulty, because of the budget needed for both long road distance and ferries (4 crossings for me).

Petrol here is £1.40 / €1.63 for a litre and they say that it could double soon. I suppose that ferries will also become more expensive because of fuel costs.

I have already said that I can't think of a continental trip this year, especially not in September, as my daughter is getting married in September and son/daughter-in-law are expecting a baby at the same time, plus other family circumstances. However I am even wondering about the cost of a UK trip. It is not clear what is being considered for a UK V11 meet this year, though Scottish highlands have been mentioned: even the cost of that, including ferry, could be quite scary soon. :huh2:

We are doing our usual two week tour of Europe in late June / early July and will be staying one night at La Chaussee on the way back and I know Jaap and Soren may be able to meet up there.

I don't have the time or money to do any other meetings unfortunately but am happy to organise a meeting somewhere in 2012.

I think that a V11 treffen, meeting, have to be something exclusive wherever we bring our motorcycles...

and it can be possible only because of the particularity of V11...

I wish a thematic meeting, not the usual Moto Guzzi meeting with a few V11 lost or forgotten while watching the new models...but I know how much can be problematic to bring more and more V11's owners in a dedicated meeting, because of the costs and the distance to cover.

We are doing our usual two week tour of Europe in late June / early July

Where this time?

We are doing our usual two week tour of Europe in late June / early July

Where this time?

We will land in Rotterdam and make it up from there- I guess we will end up in the mountains somewhere- maybe Austria, or northern Italy, but if it is raining there it could be France.

Making it up as you go along is much more fun than having routines, agreed timings and planned routes.

Cheers

Guy :helmet: