V11 meet uk/ireland 2011

ferguzzi

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts, suggestions,?

I'm snowed in, minus 8 degrees. Need something to look forward too.

Hi Fergal,

we talked about having a rally in Spring in Denmark and then return to Sibbe, NL in August/September as far as I recall. You remember Sibbe, don't you? :D:bier::drink:

I'm having talks with a MC camping site in Jutland, Denmark (the main body of Denmark) and I can assure you that's a damned fine place. All the necessities are available, e.g. cabins, showers, mini-supermarket and what have you. The camping site is located right here: MC Touring Camp The homepage is available in English.

Don't cut your wrists, summer is just around the corner, inshallah....

Cheers

Søren

... summer is just around the corner, inshallah....

Indeed - we have thawing already. The first 5cm are gone now. 5 of 7 or 8, and the engine is still apart :( Man, I'm so nervous!

hubert

My bike just back from the shop after full service and tune . . . sounds purrrrrrfect. Roads still covered in ice so really frustrated I cannot get out there. must wait, must wait, must wait. . . going stir crazy :wacko:

Dunno if someone has a plan for this part of the world? I think BFG was saying something maybe, but he also said he was very busy this year, and he has organised 2 trips now.

I live in Clare in the west coast of ireland, near Limerick city, nice spot with the cliffs of Moher and the Burren within an hour or so. There's a decent pub/b&b / campground near me,on the Shannon river, and I could organise something for augustish, but I won't know for sure until late february whether I'm free.

But it's just a thought. It's a bit far for the continentals, And we've done Ireland 2 years running now. Would people prefer Wales/Scotland?

Dunno if someone has a plan for this part of the world? I think BFG was saying something maybe, but he also said he was very busy this year, and he has organised 2 trips now.

I live in Clare in the west coast of ireland, near Limerick city, nice spot with the cliffs of Moher and the Burren within an hour or so. There's a decent pub/b&b / campground near me,on the Shannon river, and I could organise something for augustish, but I won't know for sure until late february whether I'm free.

But it's just a thought. It's a bit far for the continentals, And we've done Ireland 2 years running now. Would people prefer Wales/Scotland?

Me again,

I wouldn't mind a trip to either Ireland, Wales or Scotland. For me it's just one-two days work on the road. BFG has done a mighty fine job organizing two rallies so he has done his tour of duty I would say. With your job in mind, Fergal, I presume that you can be called in with a very short notice, right? Would be a pity if you have to cancel a rally 5 minutes before closing time, if you catch my drift. Any other Irishmen who can give a helping hand?

The Netherlands are within reach for everyone due to its location in the centre of Europe; we have been in Sibbe twice and we love the place but why not aim for the "outbacks"? Kari from Finland also talked about arranging a rally in Helsinki so there are plenty of opportunities.

As far as I see it we have the following gameplan for 2011 V11 Rallies:

May: Denmark. More to come

August/September: UK (Wales, Ireland, Scotland) or Finland.

Are there any other volunteers?

Søren

If there is a late summer meet, August, for me is better than September because September is full steam ahead with work. I had hoped to get to the Continent this September but the travel time with 2 ferry crossings to get there and 2 to get back meant that I couldn't do it, by one day.

Plus my daughter is getting married next September... so in fact maybe I can't afford to go anywhere next year. :huh2:

July in Germany we used to have a lot of fun here: Treffen V11Sport.de Grebenhain Go to "Bilder ..." to get an impression of what's happening there.

It's best to come with a tent as most of the available rooms were booked directly after the last meeting.

Hubert

Can I suggest the Isle of Skye we can get both cammping and hotel and hostel accommodation at The Sligichan hotel. They have an on site brewery and good facilities, I also know the owner so would be easy to arrange.

Took a virtual trip to Isle of Skye on Google Maps and that looks absolutely fab! Will need two days to go there but I'm in.

Only thing is I have a conference in Finland 15-17 September next year, so.......

July in Germany we used to have a lot of fun here: Treffen V11Sport.de Grebenhain Go to "Bilder ..." to get an impression of what's happening there.

It's best to come with a tent as most of the available rooms were booked directly after the last meeting.

Hubert

Ermmm, what are you German guys up to, Hubert?? :whistle:

Kinky!