Barber's Vintage Festival

docc

This is the 7th vintage festival at Barber's Motorsports Park near Birmingham, Alabama, USA.

While the festival itself, apparently, has no "featured marque" like many concours, the classic bike show sponsored by the magazine, Motorcycle Classics is "spotlighting" the 90th anniversary of Moto Guzzi at the Motorcycle Classics Barber Vintage Motorcycle Show "presented by (their) friends at Moto Guzzi."

I'm not sure what that all means, but I'm determined to ride my V11 Sport to Barber's again this year (it's a great event!) and endeavor to park it in the "show."

While I might get some award for no gear oil on my rear wheel, I'm more hoping to meet some of you and enjoy the solidarity.:mg:

So far, my sorry rear drive is staying tight.

The Lower Middle Tennessee contingent is having breakfast at MarcyJo's 4 miles east of I65/ exit 46 Friday morning October 7, kicking up sidestands by about 9-9:30 and rolling a little over 200 miles of backroads to the Barber Motorsports Park. A few of us are holing up at the Hampton in Trussville a few miles away. Only because the hotel is between a CycleGear :helmet: and a Hooters :food:.

Aw, cusswords.

My wife is out of town that week- kind of limits my travel.

Hmm, wonder if my 5 yo daughter wants to do a couple of 12 hour days in a sidecar?

I definitely would not be taking her to hooters. Don't care how good the food is. They do serve food, right?

• 4 weeks later...

So, we're about ten days out and several have put in a bid on leaving from Middle Tennessee. Hope to see you all at breakfast, or at the event at Barber's Vintage Festival.

With 2500 miles on the newly sealed rear drive, I'd say I'm good to go. Can't wait to see all the Guzzis at the Motorcycle Classics tent!

Ride well! docc in Tennessee, USA :mg:

• 10 months later...

I definitely would not be taking her to hooters. Don't care how good the food is. They do serve food, right?

Depends on what you call "food." :bbblll: The only time I went to a Hooters here in SoCal, the poor attitude of the wait staff*, delayed delivery of my order, unappetizing food and overpriced menu combined to make certain it was a singular event. :oldgit:

* - How women who supposedly know they've been hired for their appearance should get their panties in a twist about actually being observed by their clientele is more scandalous than the tight t-shirts and hot pants of their uniforms, to me. If they don't like their job, they should go work somewhere else: there's plenty of other restaurants around who'd be happy to fire them for their incompetence in the actual performance of their duties! :rolleyes:

it is Triumph this year ...Hope to see many Guzzis there .

Roberto.

Went down last year for the first time but went on my 500 Scarabeo. I'd love to go again this year depending on how bad my doctors treat me between now and then. Also would have to find somebody near by going down to ride with. I could ride the Guzzi down but the Scarabeo is my designated touring bike. Great weather protection, lots of storage space and will easily maintain a 70mph average down RT219 through Marlinton @60 mpg. Anybody from PA,MD, going?

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear some of you are going to be there. It has always been a great event. This year, riding down on my Honda GB500 Tourist Trophy. Trying to figure out how to make do with no GPS, no Tekno panniers, and 1/3 the horsepower.

Should be lovely!