Eighth South'n Spine Raid 2012

docc

And, Lordy, I do love biscuits. Must say, however, that making "real 'Mer'can biscuits and gravy is ... sigh ... a lost art. :(

Bill

It is if you're in Illinois. Overdue for a trip to the Plump and Fluffy South? :sun:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got an e/m from a Guzzista who wonders if anyone wants to share a room at the Lodge.

Well?

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Guess one need not bump pinned posts, but this has been quiet of late.

Docc ... anything new? Know who is coming who might not visit this forum?

Jim Rich will be coming up from Texas and is sharing a room with Michael Miller at the lodge.

I'm still planning to ride Griso down from Milan, but Harbor Freight's m/c trailer is temptingly cheap. Would probably have to drive REAL slowly on back roads, but easier than getting the beast up and into the p/u bed, and will keep down tire wear on the Griso. :lol: Probably be time to reshoe at Riders Hill while down there, tho may need it sooner. Jim at RFC keeps pushing PAST's, and, after using on my Norge, I am impressed.

Your serve.

Bill

I did hear back from Walt at TheLodgeatTelllico that the tornado took down a big oak and left a mess but otherwise all is well. Haven't heard from MiniMike at Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters. Hope they are all ok.

Bill, I wonder if you'd like to rendezvous with us in middle Tennessee and head over on Friday from here?

We'll be leaving mid-morning from a point near exit 46, I-65.

• 1 month later...

Yo ... it's time to chat this up!

Maybe a roll call?

Kathi and I are in, but have to say that our time is imploding with house closing the following weekend in Virginia and all the craziness that goes with that. Trying to figure out how to get Griso to Tellico from Milan in a day without squaring tires off to the cords.

I returned to Atlanta tonight and we are getting ready for movers ... code for 18-hour work days 'til Monday. Yikes.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Four weeks out - I guess I better get the grass mowed and the oil changed. And re-roof the house. Put in a new septic system. All "that stuff."

OK, then maybe adjust the valves , , , :luigi:

The new owner reported the RM's arrival vicinity Kansas City yesterday. I'm out this year...unless...

The new owner reported the RM's arrival vicinity Kansas City yesterday. I'm out this year...unless...

Unless what?

Go here (literally, too): Riders Hill

:race:

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming there are rooms... I'll be there

Docc... Come on by for oil change, valve adjust, beer, woeful belching and moaning about roofs and septic tanks, more beer, leather sofas in the brewery and more beer, loud music, more beer, scotch, more beer, total forgetfulness about any alternate tasks, more beer, louder music, gunshots, etc.

or not.

I'd love to join you guys but I just got my RM and I haven't adjusted everything to my liking yet. I spent the last couple of years with a weekend in the Marlinton area with Ducati sport touring riders. I love the area and the great roads I already have it on the calender for next year.

Assuming there are rooms... I'll be there

Docc... Come on by for oil change, valve adjust, beer, woeful belching and moaning about roofs and septic tanks, more beer, leather sofas in the brewery and more beer, loud music, more beer, scotch, more beer, total forgetfulness about any alternate tasks, more beer, louder music, gunshots, etc.

or not.

No proper South'n Guzzi tune-up is complete without the proper application of Tuning Fluid!

And, hey, Motowarren - we always leave plenty of time at days end to adjust Rosso Mandellos! :luigi:

Well, and apply Tuning Fluid . . . :drink:

Just spoke with Walt at the lodge. Looks like one last room available and I think it likely motowfo will scoop it. If you have a room with an extra space, post here to see if someone might want to share costs

Supposedly, the last room is mine (whenever Walt remembers to get my CC number) :rolleyes:

I am now trying to devise a method to pack some beer on the LeMans for the trip. Oh yeah, I think I need to start doing wrist excersizes or avail myself to some of Docc's professional healing.

Or maybe ... some WNB(Why Not for Breakfast) Breakfast beer for the trip to dull the pain. :whistle:

Just spoke with Walt at the lodge. Looks like one last room available and I think it likely motowfo will scoop it. If you have a room with an extra space, post here to see if someone might want to share costs