V11 LE MANS REGISTRY

Bob Hartman

13 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

And the hundreds of hours docc puts in to keep it all going!

2 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

I try to mention Docc as often as I can,and I did at the top of my post,but I agree with you,it would be impossible for me to sing his praises and accolades too often or fervently.

This place & our bikes wouldn't run as smoothly as they do if it wasn't for Docc,the master craftsman and resident expert  of all things V11.

For an electrical luddite like myself,Docc's intimate knowledge of the V11,and his patient methodical analysis and eagerness to help us work through problems and gather and organize the right information, and point us in the right direction,is invaluable.

The V11s are a new motorcycle mystery to me,it's extremely confidence inspiring,knowing that Docc is there to hold my hand and spoon feed me the right stuff to keep my bike in fine running order.

Words can't express my gratitude for Docc's sage guidance.

:notworthy::thumbsup::notworthy:  

Thank you, gentleman. Such kind words. :closedeyes:

I'm fond of saying I am more of a custodian than a "moderator."  Just keeping things tidied up and uncluttered as best as I may.

I do recall my older brother once telling me (I have no idea if this has any basis in fact) that Merlin, of King Arthur fame, was not a "wizard' at all, but was possessed of a good memory and used it to effect solutions for others throughout his life.

So, yeah, I try to remember where others have advised us, often expertly, throughout our forum's history and guide others to, or gather and present, the archival content.

In that light, "moderator" seems a bit stifling and "custodian" perhaps a bit underpaid.  :rolleyes::whistle:

"Wizard DeLuxe " has a nice ring to it . . . :oldgit: 

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

It's probably unlikely to be easily available to us, but I wonder if someone somewhere has a production numbers breakdown for the V11 Lemans models and colors by year?  That would be interesting to see which were the least and most produced.

Even if that breakdown detail weren't available, it would be interesting to get a sense of how many of all V11 Sport/Lemans/etc models were produced per year.

10 minutes ago, al_roethlisberger said:

It's probably unlikely to be easily available to us, but I wonder if someone somewhere has a production numbers breakdown for the V11 Lemans models and colors by year?  That would be interesting to see which were the least and most produced.

Even if that breakdown detail weren't available, it would be interesting to get a sense of how many of all V11 Sport/Lemans/etc models were produced per year.

The only year/model I have been able to derive production number is the 2000 V11 Sport, all three colors (no other models were produced in 2000), by using the starting VIN serial number for the year and the actual VINs of in the Gearbox Recall that included V11 into model year 2001.  My Sport is #1,531 of 3,529. 

There has been some conjecture that production numbers increased as Aprilia took over and introduced the LeMans as well as the various other LongFrame models. I have seen no confirmation of that supposition or any references to actual production numbers by year, by model, nor (especially) by color.

Nice refresher on model year changes:

• Thanks 1