V11 LE MANS REGISTRY

Bob Hartman

Could you explain how you set up the throttle bodies?

I have repaired this problem. Mainly by setting up the throttle bodies.

The bike is at the dealer right now, he is also curious for a simple cure. ;-)

Thuesday I set of to Mandello. :-D

I'm jealous! <_ .>

And happy for you! :)

(There is a tune-up procedure posted in "Frequently Asked Questions"):

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12204

There are some improvements and perhaps "easier" methods that could give you excellent results. It would be a good topic post for the Technical Topics as we all probably need to revisit this "tune-up" idea!

I'm jealous! <_ .>

And happy for you! :)

(There is a tune-up procedure posted in "Frequently Asked Questions"):

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12204

There are some improvements and perhaps "easier" methods that could give you excellent results. It would be a good topic post for the Technical Topics as we all probably need to revisit this "tune-up" idea!

Plus 1 on all that!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my gorgeous Lemans.

That looks brand new. And no picture can capture the amazing red paint on those red/grey 2002s. You have to see it in sunlight to believe it.

• 2 months later...

Hi All.. new to Guzzi ownership, bought a V11 le mans... always wanted one since they came out and finally got the chance. Better pictures to follow!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nice! You're in the right place!

Mistral canisters, Stucchi rack, Tekno mounts (did you get the bags?), and look at that *yellow* spring (rare Öhlins shock)! :food:

Looks like maybe a late 2002 with the fairing and tail section painted black?

Voycie- Welcome to the pack.  Nice looking bike, do you mind telling us the history behind it, previous owner(s), mileage, etc.  And I noticed the top triple clamp has been drilled for high bars.  Was this a naked sport at one time that someone converted clip-ons and LeMans fairing?  

Jerry 

Voycie- Welcome to the pack.  Nice looking bike, do you mind telling us the history behind it, previous owner(s), mileage, etc.  And I noticed the top triple clamp has been drilled for high bars.  Was this a naked sport at one time that someone converted clip-ons and LeMans fairing?  

Jerry 

Good eye, there, JRD! Interesting bike! I can't quite make out the clip-ons - they don't appear to be above the triple like a typical LeMans. And check out those sweet exhaust hangers and nifty front fender. No external regulator on the tank . . . really interesting V11 !

You promised us more pictures, voycie! :food:

• 1 month later...

photo-10421.jpg?_r=1483035068

Here's my "new" 2003 LeMans. Was running pretty rough when I bought her (crossover leak) but I just picked up a pair of modified head pipes with no cross over (Thanks Scud!) that should eliminate the problem. I got the new pipes on and with great expectations went to start her up and......tick tick tick tick.......dead battery :( . Also noticed when putting on the new pipes that one of the fork seals is leaking. It's all okay though as I picked her up for a song, knew she'd been sitting for awhile and expected to do some fixin up on her. An absolute beauty that I'm sure I'm going to love owning.  

20161106_082500 (3).jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry gents I didnt notice that anyone had replied! Ive just spotted this. Ive now finished personalising the V11 to my taste. Took off all the touring stuff, bar risers, rear lights and indicators to clean it up a bit more. Bike has ohlins (well spotted docc) mistrals, wiseco pistons, pc111. Clip ons are stock. Its had 3 owners, 44k, first owner toured it around europe and laid some cash on it, then its had a couple of enthusiasts and i bought it as I just fancied a change and always liked the V11s having lusted after the 90s green one. Ive removed the balance pipe and given it some attention over winter and now plan to make it my daily ride/commute. Runs great, and if you pin open the throttle it really shifts for an old girl (however I will be sympathetic!)ebf2b2b254249ccf6cbe6be6c8973ade.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry gents I didnt notice that anyone had replied! Ive just spotted this. Ive now finished personalising the V11 to my taste. Took off all the touring stuff, bar risers, rear lights and indicators to clean it up a bit more. Bike has ohlins (well spotted docc) mistrals, wiseco pistons, pc111. Clip ons are stock. Its had 3 owners, 44k, first owner toured it around europe and laid some cash on it, then its had a couple of enthusiasts and i bought it as I just fancied a change and always liked the V11s having lusted after the 90s green one. Ive removed the balance pipe and given it some attention over winter and now plan to make it my daily ride/commute. Runs great, and if you pin open the throttle it really shifts for an old girl (however I will be sympathetic!)

Are you going to keep the side bag mounts?