Reaction Rod

rich46

Hello All,

Bushings gone in OEM reaction rod. Would like to replace with Rossopuro unit. Does anyone know if there is somewhere one can order one in the states. Can't seem to get a response from the parent company. If not the USA the UK would be good. Thanks for any help or other suggestions.

Rich

Consider a DIY solution. An Italian friend tried to get one for his Scura, but only got the reply they'd not do any V11 parts any longer.

Besides that it's also possible to replace the bushings only - if you can source them, though.

Hubert

What's the matter with making one with Aluminum tubing and heim ends?

It's been done quite often, with good results, means it works as the OEM part works.

I wonder if it would not work rather better as the Heim centers would allow rotation while the factory unit resists the suspension travel through torsion on the rubber. Seems it would be an improvement to let the hydraulics do the damping.

Just a theory, mind you . . . :nerd:

... Just a theory, mind you . . . :nerd:

A theory not very far off I think. As mine is still good I say the advantages to be be gained are less than the effort for building one ;)

Hubert

As always, Hubert, well thought. :thumbsup:

Still if I had to repair mine, I might go home-built. I wonder, also, if sealed bearing could be pressed in to replace the rubber inserts. I do like the look of the cast rod.

• Like 1