I ask for help with service.

Onibaka

Hello. In advance I am sorry for the English (I use an online translator). I live in Minsk (Belarus) and since recent time I own Moto Guzzi V11 Sport 2002. If not difficult help me with some questions which I will set in this topic. Thanks.

1. The generator develops a small current on the Idle speed, insufficient for a battery charging. On the raised turns a current normal.Voltage regulator or what that another is guilty?

2.What turns of the engine should be at engine warming up? I have 1200 RPM,it seems to me it a little. (Idle speed 1000 RPM.)

3.How it is correct to look oil level in the engine? The motorcycle should stand directly or on a lateral support?

Thanks, also excuse if created a topic not in that place.

the alternator is of Ducati type, it does not charge much at idle, make sure all connections are clean and good, battery and ground cable too.

Idle should be around 1000 but the tach is not perfect.

I check oil on sidestand and make sure it's half way between the two marks or a little higher.

the alternator is of Ducati type, it does not charge much at idle, make sure all connections are clean and good, battery and ground cable too.

Thank you, I was a little wrong. At high rpm generator produces about 12.8 (probably not enough). Also, very little is working starter.

I was interested in the open throttle rpm (on a cold engine) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throttle

I check oil on sidestand and make sure it's half way between the two marks or a little higher.

You must have less than half the required amount of oil in your motor. The oil must be checked when the bike is vertical.

that reading was after oil change so I have just the right amount of oil.. if checked vertical the oil line goes up about 2mm.

Thank you, I was a little wrong. At high rpm generator produces about 12.8 (probably not enough). Also, very little is working starter. at 5,000 rpm you should see 14 volts.

I was interested in the open throttle rpm (on a cold engine) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throttle

max HP is around 6500 rpm, rev limiter cuts in at a bit over 8k rpm.

that reading was after oil change so I have just the right amount of oil.. if checked vertical the oil line goes up about 2mm.

My bike leans considerably on the sidestand and I would probably have a difference of over 1 litre oil if I measured that way. The correct method is holding the bike vertical - your method would only work if his bike leaned at exactly the same angle as yours.

first time i changed my oil & filter i looked at guzzitech page on V11 sport capacities. it was listed as 3.5 litres, 3.7 us qts, or 3.08 imp. qts.

that's how much i put in and with the bike warm & level & dipstick NOT screwed in it reads at the full mark.

find out where your dipstick reads when full on sidestand, level or whatever and keep it there.

i keep it at full (not a problem as it doesn't use oil) & as i don't (yet) have a roper plate i DON'T EVER want to see the oil light come on.

this is what works for me, as always YMMV.

cheers, steve

first time i changed my oil & filter i looked at guzzitech page on V11 sport capacities. it was listed as 3.5 litres, 3.7 us qts, or 3.08 imp. qts.

that's how much i put in and with the bike warm & level & dipstick NOT screwed in it reads at the full mark.

find out where your dipstick reads when full on sidestand, level or whatever and keep it there.

btdt... mine pukes out about .5 quarts of that and is happy riding around half up the stick.

Onibaka......these sliders (cylinder head guards) are very important to have on your bike. Look for a used pair on eBay or any bike salvage yards on the internet in your area.

Ride on !

Onibaka......these sliders (cylinder head guards) are very important to have on your bike. Look for a used pair on eBay or any bike salvage yards on the internet in your area.

Ride on !

I understand it, on ebay there is no sliders with delivery to Belarus, other options are expensive, therefore I plan to measure the whole slider and to order manufacturing in us.

In a month I will give a motorcycle to service, it is necessary to check an engine condition after falling.

In Belarus Moto Guzzi (5-8 copies) there is not enough.

V 11, possibly, my one and only.

Onibaka, that is a very beautiful V11! You will love it!

Many of us have bought sliders from Joe Kenny in Virginia, USA.

Very good work.

Yes, the 12.8 charging voltage is low. Tighten the battery terminals well and put a ground wire on the regulator (Grounding Voltage Regulator). Also, check the 30 amp fuse under the seat for signs of heat.

1200 rpm is good for idle speed. No more.

Check oil bike upright, stick screwed all the way in, and keep the level at the top. Some say just above is good.

Many ways to keep a V11 and many opinions here are different. But these are very good people and very helpful. Your Moto Guzzi will get better and better! :mg:

Onibaka, that is a very beautiful V11! You will love it!

Many of us have bought sliders from Joe Kenny in Virginia, USA.

Very good work.

Yes, the 12.8 charging voltage is low. Tighten the battery terminals well and put a ground wire on the regulator (Grounding Voltage Regulator). Also, check the 30 amp fuse under the seat for signs of heat.

1200 rpm is good for idle speed. No more.

Check oil bike upright, stick screwed all the way in, and keep the level at the top. Some say just above is good.

Many ways to keep a V11 and many opinions here are different. But these are very good people and very helpful. Your Moto Guzzi will get better and better! :mg:

Agreed on all points. Beautiful bike, Onibaka. :thumbsup: