Ireland meeting 2013

ferguzzi

So, as 2012 was a bit of a non event, It's time I put in the effort for a meet.

I was thinking about my neck of the woods.

I live in Co. Clare in the southwest of Ireland, about 10 minutes north of Limerick city, 2 hours from Dublin, 4 hours from Belfast. There's some lovely scenery nearby like the cliffs of Moher, Lough Derg and Bunratty, and the roads aren't bad. I could plan a few different ridouts in the area.

I can't guarantee the weather of course, but the pubs are nice and dry.

And we have one or two.....

There's a pub about 300m from my house(i'm in the country, surrounded by fields and shitting cows), which offers B+B and camping with limited facilities:

theanglersrest.webs.com

and they don't really close....

I was thinking of the weekend of 16-18 August, thats a Friday to Sunday, and we might organise a barbecue in our place on the Saturday night if enough people were interested.

I'll try to drum up some interest with the (very small) Irish guzzi club too.....

So whadya think?

thoughts, suggestion, abuse welcome....!

Well, I'm pretty easy on dates. The 2nd won't work, as it's an Irish holiday, so busy.

The 23rd is a uk holiday, so that may not suit people either.

That leaves the 9th or the 30th, and I guess the 6 sept. I wouldn't do it any later.

Oh, new look board!

I saw this come up on Facebook via Jaap.

As things stand at the moment, that weekend is about the only one that I could do. Even then, it's probably when I will need to take my family holidays. 
It would be great to have a get-together so plough ahead.

D

I'm up for it, so that should put some off :grin:. With ref to Irish Guzzisti the man to speak tois Tom Murphy aka kerryblue on the Guzzi gb forum. You probably chatted to him at Glendalough. As mentioned before mid august is when a lot of people will be away and I think a few of the guys may be planning a trip over to the Vtwin rally this year, that being the last weekend of august could put a damper on it. What about early summer?

• 2 months later...
...in Co. Clare in the southwest of Ireland, about 10 minutes north of Limerick city, 2 hours from Dublin, 4 hours from Belfast.... the weekend of 16-18 August, thats a Friday to Sunday, ...

Hi,

Is that  still on the agenda? 

Would love to go on a long ride in mid August, which usually is marked by hot and sunny weather.

-M-

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's full steam ahead for the trip to Clare. I've got a bit of interest from the uk guzzi club, and it's very small Irish squadron, so numbers are a bit of a mystery, but as long as the weather holds up( :grin: ) it should be fun.

Jaap . If (if!!) i can make it from the Bavarian Alp mountains to the Irish Wicklows, why can't you make it? From Holland to the Green Island is not a day trip, I know. But it will be fun!

Anyway, I will pass through Holland on my way to the ferry, unless I decide to go thru France all the way.

-M-

...TAPAtalk via Samsung Galaxy Nexus...

• 1 month later...

Hi All.

If you've noticed the "Stop Press" topic above you'll see I've had to alter the dates by a week. I could have kept it the same weekend as the show the pub was putting on, but there was talk of chip vans and bumper cars, and I just thought it might just get a bit messy, as the area is normally really quiet, and it'd be a shame to turn up to a bit of a carnival. with no parking.

Went for a spin during the week on one of the planned rideouts, I'll upload a few photos as soon as I can.

In other words, as soon as I get mrs. ferguzzi to do it for me....