V11 Ecu diagnostics and reprogramming

Paul Minnaert

Have you tried selecting a different model, maybe one that doesn't have the 15RC?

That would be my first thought anyway.

I did but got the same result. Not only does it show the wrong ECU but I get all zero's where it's supposed to show the map info.

Thanks though, czakky!

Hi John,

changing the EEPROM to adjust the CO trim is easier and faster than adjusting with GuzziDiag. The EEPROM Reader/Writer and the XDF is available on Beards website.

If you see values in GuzziDiag then it has connected to the ECU. The absence of any info just means that the content was edited.

Cheers

Meinolf

I'm a beginer too and used the guzzidiag program and cables for the first time yesterday and I had the same rather intermittent experience. I ended up closing the prgoram or disconecting or restarting the surface tablet and in the end it connected ok and I managed to change the CO trim. It tool a couple of attempts and the program stopped working a couple of times too but I'm sure it's a good bit of kit once you get it to talk to the bike.

Cheers

Martin

Hi John,

changing the EEPROM to adjust the CO trim is easier and faster than adjusting with GuzziDiag. The EEPROM Reader/Writer and the XDF is available on Beards website.

If you see values in GuzziDiag then it has connected to the ECU. The absence of any info just means that the content was edited.

Cheers

Meinolf

Hello Meinoff, By "content was edited" do you mean that the stock map has been altered?

Thanks!

John

Martin,

Where did you find the CO to begin with?

Docc, it says 50 but can't tell if it's + or - 50.

Sorry docc, thought that was directed to me.

John

Martin,

Where did you find the CO to begin with?

Docc, it says 50 but can't tell if it's + or - 50.

Sorry docc, thought that was directed to me.

John

Not a problem. I'm always curious where we find the CO. I haven't looked at the that display in a while, but I recall the "minus" ( - ) being obvious. It certainly will be when you move the CO setting.

50, either way, seems kind of extreme . . .

At this point I'm thinking Meinolf has identified the problem. Someone has gotten into the ECU and made some tweaks to richen it up. I tried again to adjust the CO trim and for a brief moment I got a reading of +113! but then the box closed and I got the "Active Diagnostics Could Not Be Started" error message again. Soo.....

I'm thinking I might want to reload a stock map and start from scratch. Where can I find a bin file for the stock map? Is there a bin file library or someone who is the official librarian of Guzzi bin files? I'm looking for the stock map for a 2004 V11 Cafe Sport or a map for stock plus FBF slip-ons.

Meinolf, thanks again for the EEPROM suggestion.I read up on it and it looks a little dangerous for someone at my primitive skill level.

Thanks again All!

John

.. want to reload a stock map and start from scratch. Where can I find a bin file for the stock map? Is there a bin file library or someone who is the official librarian of Guzzi bin files? I'm looking for the stock map for a 2004 V11 Cafe Sport or a map for stock plus FBF slip-ons.

Hello John,

PM me with your email address,  and I can send you two .BIN maps for a 15M ECU. One is standard, and the other is a Titanium map.

These will only suit a 15M ECU, not a 15RC.

It is possible that some of your trouble could be if a 15M ECU is fitted to your bike, and you are telling GuzziDiag to connect to a 15RC. The 15RC was the standard fit on some 2004 V11s, with a corresponding lambda sensor in the crossover. Can you read the label on your bike to confirm what you have?

Dangerous recently fitted a 15M ECU to his 2004 Nero Corsa in place of a 15RC. GuzziDiag only worked properly when we set it to a V11 model that used a 15M.  The plug in the ECU is the same, and everything works the same, except that the 15M cannot see or react to inputs from the lambda sensor. 

He did that so he could use some of the more refined maps developed by Meinolf. 

If you need a standard .BIN map copied from a 15RC, I could borrow Dangerous's unused 15RC, power it up, and email you the result.  

Hi John,

Cheers

Meinolf

Hello Meinolf, 

Can you help me with a description of how to use this EEPROM Reader/Writer, and .XDF?

More than one Kiwi tried the program, and then reverted to GuzziDiag after flailing around hopelessly without achieving anything.

Can you help us dummies on the other side of the planet?

MartyNZ

Hi Marty, John,

Editing, reading and writing the EEPROM content is not different from doing the same with a BIN.

- Connect the computer to the ECU

- Turn on ignition, but don't start the engine

- Start EEPROM Reader/Writer

- Press either Read or Write

- Done, turn off ignition

Editing the .EEP file is just as easy.

- Tunerpro doesn't recognize .EEP, so rename to .BIN.

- Load the renamed file and the EEPROM XDF into Tunerpro

- Change the CO value.

- Save the file and rename it to .EEP

- Write it to the EEPROM using the procedure above.

The 15M program code uses very few parts of the EEPROM data, so there's nothing harmful which can happen.

Cheers

Meinolf

• Like 1

This is directed to Mac Book Pro users who are running Guzzidiag. I've been trying to load a new map to the 15M ECU on my 2004 V11 Cafe Sport. When I open the IAW 15 Writer app and hit the "click to choose file" button it brings up a box called "Choose a file" (shown in the screen shot below). 

Not a box I've seen before. All the items listed in the left box are dead links BTW. How do I get the writer to search my downloads, desktop, etc?

Thanks!

John   (it was all so simple way back when I had my 386sx!) :oldgit:

cid_2BCDF723.7706.498C.A6B7.92EFB2665CB8.jpg

• Like 1

Because it's probably a Java app it's showing a bunch of normally hidden Unix files. I'm going to download the software now and try it out. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk