V11 Ecu diagnostics and reprogramming

Paul Minnaert

Zooter, when I went to school in Aotearoa we still had dental nurses, they would often give you a few drops of Hg in a drill box. You took it back to class and dropped it on the floor. I guess that explains my odd behaviour eh!

Sent from my shoe phone!

The teacher I remember being the most fastidious with the stuff had a sideline job with Nasa / USAF doing maths and making star observations for the newfangled GPS satellites and missile systems. All his neurons presumably fired correctly.

The teacher I remember being the most fastidious with the stuff had a sideline job with Nasa / USAF doing maths and making star observations for the newfangled GPS satellites and missile systems. All his neurons presumably fired correctly.

He might be the only in this mix without a Guzzi V11.

Youth  :grin:  + Hg  :wacko:  =  Later-on :oldgit:  +  V11 :mg:

Youth  :grin:  + Hg  :wacko:  =  Later-on :oldgit:  +  V11 :mg:

OMG, that's crazy. Me too. In about 7th grade I broke a bunch of thermometers and collected all the mercury - also rolled it around in my hands.

Multiple thermometers broken = V112   :mg:  :mg:

I like heavy metal music too. Coincidence? I think not.

Where's all the photos at? What do you have to pull off to get to the adjustments? I make out TPS unit, throttle link but not much else. When you say ''adjust throttle screw''is that the cable length adjusting screw nut arrangement?

Where's all the photos at? What do you have to pull off to get to the adjustments? I make out TPS unit, throttle link but not much else. When you say ''adjust throttle screw''is that the cable length adjusting screw nut arrangement?

Sorry, Zooter, we got off topic there.

Do you have a link to the post you are looking at?

I've been reading up all over. Haven't come across anything in the way of a faq how to that has live pics. Plenty of text. I haven't done much with carbs even, let alone EFI.

Is it the TPS you're trying to adjust? Or the "tune-up" in its entirety?

• Like 1

You tell me. I am going to reinstall air box with stock filter and drillouts. I am a complete novice at tuning EFI and a failure at carbs. This looks far easier to conquer.

I expect I may need to reset TPS along the way, that being prescribed before attempting anything with guzzidiag.

Presently it runs very well.

Really simple with the breakout harness to baseline the TPS making sure the throttle plate is entirely closed. Then set the idle position of the TPS with guzzidiag and zero the CO trim.

With fresh plugs and a valve adjustment, you're down to the throttle body synchronization, which works magic on Vtwin.

No, TB synch is not done through guzzidiag. Separate procedure using the vacuum taps on the intakes and the "white knob" on the throttle linkage rod with some mind to the air bleed screws.

Synchronization is the last step in the tune-up with the motor at operating temperature.