Spring Meet Lake George NY May 17th-18th 2013?

mznyc

I'm proposing a V11 meet May 17,18 2013 in the beautiful Lake George/Adirondack region of upstate New York.Ive done a couple short trips the last two falls and have found some beautiful roads and this weekend would be the last before Memorial Day and the invasion of the summer residents.

I chose this region not only for the great riding and scenery but would be a good central point for NY/Boston/Upstate NY/NE/Ontario members.Less than 4 hrs ride from most of these areas.

Meet in the Lake George area Friday night,ride hard Saturday on the west side of LG or LC ,maybe crossover to Vermont on Sunday till about 1-2pm and then split up.Everyone could make it home by supper.

So what do you think?

I'd be looking for your opinions for routes and accommodations from locals.I know many of the roads up there but not nearly as good as a local.

Camp or motel?

I'll probably go up in April for an overnight scouting trip ,if a local or anyone else would want to lead me around or meet and go over maps.

If there's enough interest I'll continue organizing.

Please offer up ideas and suggestions! :bier:

Michael

DSCN3334.jpg

I am up for an April ride AND I could meet everybody on the May 17 weekend (Saturday and Sunday too) and ride too. I doesn't pay me stay up there because it is only about a little over an hour from my house. I would love to explore some roads and eat some fine food.  Count me in. Leon (bikelee).

Sounds good Lee! Maybe we'll see two Rossos together if Hal is around.A rarity in the US!

I'll post a Google Map of the area next week and anyone who has road,food,accommodation ideas should be able to drop a pin on it.

I can do the 18th...provided I work out some electrical demons on my v11. I'm located just outside Albany...I'll keep an eye out for updates as we go. Thanks for the invite. Sean.

I'm confident you'll have it sorted by then Sean.I can give you a hand in a week or two if you dont have it fixed by then.Im no electrical expert but having a second set of eyes cant hurt.Ive found that most of the electrical problems Ive experienced or seen on the forum, have been a bad/loose connections as opposed to a broken part.

To those in the area ,feel free to copy paste your name in if interested,no commitment ,...

mznyc

bikelee

piper1

MZNYC,

Might take you up on that...haven't worked on the bike in a couple of days due to work/ time constraints...planning to work on bike this Sunday. I'm located in Delmar - about 10 mins South of Albany...

I'll reach out shortly...

Thanks.

Sean

No problemo Sean.I'll be in the city(NYC) till the 19th,back upstate 19th-22 could meet any of those days or nights.