Ninth South'n Spine Raid 2013

docc

One month out!

This year- The Proper Use of Ethanol for Moto Guzzi :bier: . . .

and a selection of some of the best roads and best folks in Tennessee/North Carolina ! :race:

• Like 1

This year- The Proper Use of Ethanol for Moto Guzzi :bier: . . .

and a selection of some of the best roads and best folks in Tennessee/North Carolina ! :race: :race:

Have you named your bike yet????

RT 28 was closed for some time but is now open again, one lane closed on 129 a few weeks back. The house I purchased is 30 min north of Tellico Plains so if any one needs a garage to change a shift return spring or other repairs its available. 

waspp - thanks for the road report! I guess there has been a lot of rain this summer and that tends to bring the hillsides down.

Very kind, your offer of assistance. Let's hope nobody's shift springs get wind of it and gives them any ideas!

Looking forward to seeing that Rosso Corsa!

Just close enough to start watching weather . . . one can hope that Tropical Storm Fernand will work in our favor by sucking in a big high pressure dome and washing off all the roads.

Otherwise, we know that when it rains, it dries . . .

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

Now the delimma....  Coppa is home and happy.... Eldo is itchin for a ride... Stelvio has luggage...  Hmmmm... all things after my return from Japan...

Just close enough to start watching weather . . . one can hope that Tropical Storm Fernand will work in our favor by sucking in a big high pressure dome and washing off all the roads.

Otherwise, we know that when it rains, it dries . . .

attachicon.gifIMG_3565.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3552.JPG

I'd love to see the Coppa along. It is a Spine Frame, after all!

Yet, andy figured if you rode the Eldo, he'd bring his drop-dead-georgeous red V7 Sport.

I do like having the all Spine Frames there so folks can compare, contrast and learn as much as possible while we have them all together. It is really amazing how many variations span those years!

And (unless you have one in your garage) just how many Coppa Italia are we likely to ever see? Or a Lemans with over 100,000 miles?

That said, I'm good with whatever/whomever shows. It promises to be a bit of a circus act no matter what!  :mg:

cleardot.gif
Departure Plan from Lower Middle Tennesee eastward:

So it is, then. A couple weeks off, and it's time for breakfast, backroads, and the Ninth South'n (Spine) Raid. Someone actually had the gall to point out we're leaving on Friday The Thirteenth. At which I had to google both Gaul and friday-the-thirteenth. With enough mixed signals, dubious history, the end of hurricane season, and the last days until the autumnal equinox: I say we go anyway!

Even if you want to bring a TriumBimmerViffer, we'll have a spot of breakfast at MarcyJo's and head east nine-ish. The route is familiar, all backroads through McMinnville to Tn 30 (magnificent!) without stopping in Pikeville (I hate stopping in Pikeville - it's always hot and it makes my rear drive leak. For three years).

Lodging in Tellico is sketchy, at best. Yet, the big king beds are about twice the size of the tents I spent twenty-one years Scouting, and more level than than all that ground ever was. Translate that: we'll likely be able to put up "guests" as necessary.

Most know that this ride is pretty casual and anytime you want to launch ahead for a proper burn-up, the road is yours!  If you want to follow out to where the rain starts and turn back, that's ok , too. You know who you are. I'm not sayin' any names, but his initials are: "GARY!"   ; )

For sure, this bumps up against some other Very Serious Riding, but only by default. Best regards to those preparing for larger, and more daring, things. Yet, if you would enjoy a little jaunt east - come along! Looking forward to seeing Bill Hagan again after his unprecedented forced absence last year.

:food:  :race:  :drink:  repeat . . .    ;) 

cleardot.gif

Docc,there is a possibility that Joe and I may make it over to meet you guys at the Deals Gap store mid ride.I say possibility because my Crohn's Disease is rearing it's ugly head and I'm having to watch my rides of any distance.

In the event that we can make it,roughly what time will you be there?I'm not asking for an exact time,just a rough guess.

Thanks,

Mike

I was interested to go.  I checked.  The lodge was booked on Saturday night.  No rooms available.  I didn't quite understand the double occupancy part.

Maybe next year,  It's about 1000 mile ride. 

sent you a pm. I'm thinking we can work out the lodging.

Uhm ... docc, you do mean you'll find room among the bachelors, right?  Kathi thinks this will be a romantic weekend, and if that lowryter guy ends up in our room and snores, that'll tear it.   :lol:

Bill