2003 V11 Sport Naked - serial number one?

chamberlin

Does it bother you that your bike was built by italians who were still hung over from new years cellebrations?

Hahaha, not at all, a little wine makes for passionate workers (in Italy at least!). I'm much more bothered by how the bike was stored by previous owners, than by my hung-over Italian fratelli!

That's one of the best V11 produced.

I agree .... the Rosso Mandello. the greenie, the silver and the black, the Scura and the Corsa's, the Tenni's, the Ballabio's and even the LeMans .... pretty much all one of the best V11's produced! (did I miss any?)

Heh-heh . . . a guy can't get away with much around here. :whistle:

Seriously, though, this has a nice combination of features. There are certainly Coppa and Ballabio owners who would prefer the closer fitting lamp assembly.

There's a set of Veglia clocks on Ebay now.Someone will confirm if they are interchangeable but believe they are.

Yes you are right those black ITI clocks are from the later models. Are they 43mm forks too?

I thought they were 45's, but I will check when I get home!!! I can tell you that they are leaking all over my garage floor! That's probably the worst thing wrong with the bike, and my area of highest concern right now (not knowing who to go to, or to try fixing them myself, I heard they are pretty tricky on these bikes).

They will be 45's, my late 02 lm has the 45's. If it's any help I'm having mine rebuilt by our local wilburs guy at the moment so should be able to tell you what springs are suitable , at least for a 95 kg rider.

There's a set of Veglia clocks on Ebay now.Someone will confirm if they are interchangeable but believe they are.

Yea I saw all those parts, they're from that blue/blue frame V11 with the custom painted tank. That bike was featured here on the gallery once. Anyways, I don't think the Veglias are interchangeable with the ITI, and on top of that, I've already yanked my speedo cable and plugged the hole on the tranny (16x1.5mm drain plug cut down to fit).

Going to get Koso, Speedhut or what I really want are those Motoscope gauges $$$.

Are the Veglia clocks interchangable?

I believe they would fit in the mounts, but the Veglia speedo requires the two angle gear drives and a different cable.

Yes you are right those black ITI clocks are from the later models. Are they 43mm forks too?

I thought they were 45's, but I will check when I get home!!! I can tell you that they are leaking all over my garage floor! That's probably the worst thing wrong with the bike, and my area of highest concern right now (not knowing who to go to, or to try fixing them myself, I heard they are pretty tricky on these bikes).

They will be 45's, my late 02 lm has the 45's. If it's any help I'm having mine rebuilt by our local wilburs guy at the moment so should be able to tell you what springs are suitable , at least for a 95 kg rider.

Any info on the front forks will be appreciated Pdoz.... I am about 87kg. What do you do about the rear SACHS shock? The bump stop is crumbling, but it seems otherwise OK. I heard they are sprung too light? At least it's not leaking (either that or there's no fluid left!).

I replaced the standard shock with a wilburs last year. I went for the fully adjustable model but to be honest, I could have gone for the cheaper model. This is the first shock in 30 years of riding that I havent felt the need to adjust ( and my other bikes have had white power / ohlins etc)

While you have good access to the Sachs, see if you can adjust the pre-load for your weight. Not ideal with all the body work and tank off, but I'll bet you could bring the pre-load up a bit.

Wilburs are German, from everything I've heard / read they are at least as good as ohlins / white power but cheaper. Each unit is custom built to suit your preference including weight / riding style and you can even specify different ride height etc. My seat of pantsometer says they are better than ohlins pre yamaha , back in the good old days when ohlins were customised. I might have just been lucky, but I'm VERY impressed.

Wilburs are German, from everything I've heard / read they are at least as good as ohlins / white power but cheaper. Each unit is custom built to suit your preference including weight / riding style and you can even specify different ride height etc. My seat of pantsometer says they are better than ohlins pre yamaha , back in the good old days when ohlins were customised. I might have just been lucky, but I'm VERY impressed.

OK, yup I found one on eBay - I assume this is the more expensive adjustable one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilbers-Type-641-Hose-Reservoir-Shock-to-fit-MOTO-GUZZI-V11-Sport-KR-98-/400586766737?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item5d44d4f991

Thanks Docc for the info on the Sachs, I'll see if I can find a set of spanners to adjust the pre-load. I can take a close up pic to show you where it's at now.