V11 Geometry changes

docc

As of yet, we have no physical confirmation of the change in "cant" between the earliest V11 Sport and those built after about January or February of 2000.  What we do know is the earliest V11 Sports used "carry-over" triple clamps from the 1100 Sport-i with greater offset (and from  a bike with 26.5º steering head, rather than the V11's 25º). Significant diffence in trail, and therefor "stability" . . .

Great work by @Lucky Phil posted here:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

My gosh Docc, you & Phil are the Britannica of this business.  

Thanks, my man. What an awesome community we have here. Next week, I will have been a member of V11LeMans.com nineteen years. I count this as one of the great fortunes of my life.  

:notworthy: Y'all do totally rock! 

Collectively, we have cracked so much of the V11 code. Yet, there remain mysteries to be divined. These geometry changes, and their actualities, for one.

And then there is the mystery of what @dangerous brilliantly referred to as "that bloody farking front UNI joint?" on the short frame Sports . . . 

• Like 1

Another cross-post: "Britannica " brings to mind all of the contributions to @Scud's amazing "Encyclopedia of Compatible Parts" thread pinned in the   How To . . .   subforum:

• Like 1