V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

21 minutes ago, activpop said:

Buyer beware...falls into recall numbers. She is just there to distract you.

I wonder if "someone" can get Piaggio to declare what percentage/ number of the V11 in that Gearbox Recall they have recorded as performed . . .

18 hours ago, docc said:

I wonder if "someone" can get Piaggio to declare what percentage/ number of the V11 in that Gearbox Recall they have recorded as performed . . .

I tried, they only go bike by bike. You tell them the VIN, they tell you what is on the record. 

I am so confused about this recall info. I called on this silver bike and Impala's. They both fall in the recall range, but Piaggio said they don't need the work. I thought 100% of the bikes in that range had a suspect tranny. I dont know if i am getting the right info. When I called on my bike before I bought it, they said the recall had been satisfied. I've called on two others, the silver Tennessee V11 with 5k on it and the Greenie from eastern Washington. They both had no service recorded, but it was required.  Varying degrees of info from years gone by, company ownership changes, not so accurate record keeping and guys on the phone who maybe just don't know. I'll just focus on Guzzis later than the recall dates.

22 hours ago, docc said:

I mean, "comfort" on a V11 Sport is all relative, right?

3440771.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

She looks expensive to maintain. More expensive than the nice V11 she is sprawling over. I’d still employ her as a tool holder and general garage hand, but I’d think she could quickly empty your sack :lol:

Strangely I’ve never found Guzzi’s to be a babe magnet 🧲 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

She looks expensive to maintain. More expensive than the nice V11 she is sprawling over. I’d still employ her as a tool holder and general garage hand, but I’d think she could quickly empty your sack :lol:

Strangely I’ve never found Guzzi’s to be a babe magnet 🧲 

Right? More of a dude magnet while his babe stands by thinking, "What is all the fuss over ?" :rolleyes:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, docc said:

That very nice silver Sport did not meet reserve at $3,050US.

it is a nice bike. rewrite the ad

no girl. no "how you'll feel" commentary

never use the word 'mint' in any ad for a used motorcycle

then post in our classifieds

2 hours ago, docc said:

That very nice silver Sport did not meet reserve at $3,050US.

That’s a low bid for the silver V11 and the girl thrown in as well
Joking aside I wouldn’t buy a bike advertised with a girl sprawled over it. To me it strongly suggests lack of care & respect. But I’m old school 
In the depths of mid winter here, prices are all over the place. 
This Scura with 14k miles is up for a stonking GBP£7995 at a dealer. Crazy price. 
A late red framed Sport failed to make GBP£3700 on the bay of fleas yesterday. 
Worst time to sell, it’s minus 4 deg C, mid-winter. No one’s out motorcycling, everyone is broke following Christmas and natural gas prices up by 300% compared to last winter. All mine have been tucked away in the garage connected to Optimates since mid Nov 

Best time to buy though…