V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

On 1/16/2023 at 7:29 PM, docc said:

Seriously, mySport has made me much more discomfortable than she looks . . . :huh:

09961559-33c4-4aa9-8d4f-dea092f5aa94.jpg

She looks expensive to maintain....where have I heard that before?

Very pretty bike...I talked to owner to get the skinny on it. He only had it for 300 miles, his body said no to the ergonomics. The ad is a copy from the previous sale by a multiple Guzzi owner and airline mechanic who did the work. I have a condo in FL and was thinking maybe, but then I came to my senses when I thought about the heat. Yes, it falls within recall numbers.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/d/pahokee-2001-moto-guzzi-v11-sport/7581225754.html

36 minutes ago, activpop said:

Very pretty bike...I talked to owner to get the skinny on it. He only had it for 300 miles, his body said no to the ergonomics. The ad is a copy from the previous sale by a multiple Guzzi owner and airline mechanic who did the work. I have a condo in FL and was thinking maybe, but then I came to my senses when I thought about the heat. Yes, it falls within recall numbers.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/d/pahokee-2001-moto-guzzi-v11-sport/7581225754.html

Ohlins front and rear. keep up with current sport bikes :lol:

$350 for powder coating the components he lists seems excessive unless suddenly something is way cheaper down under.....I just had 11 items powder coated in satin black for $50!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, activpop said:

if you can't say anything good then don't say anything ... so I'm saying nothing

I wish him the best

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NicoNZ said:

Ohlins front and rear. keep up with current sport bikes :lol:

$350 for powder coating the components he lists seems excessive unless suddenly something is way cheaper down under.....I just had 11 items powder coated in satin black for $50!

$350 seems about right if it includes labor to remove, clean, and reinstall with new gaskets. But it's too much for a trip to the powder-coater with clean parts in hand. Anyways, it's obvious that the owner(s) cared about the bike. Nice set of Mistrals, the repaint seems good. I'd probably want the stock airbox back on. You could definitely spend $5,000 elsewhere and get a lot less for you money.

• Like 2

first.. FRONT FORKS HAVE BEEN REBUILT WITH NEW SEALS AND MEASURED FORK OIL!

then... THE BIKE HAS 3 BREMBO GOLD DISC BRAKES, OHLINS 41mm UPSIDE DOWN FORKS AND OHLINS MONOSHOCK WITH SEPERATE GAS RESERVOIR AND IS COMPLETLY ADJUSTABLE AS ARE
THE FRONT FORKS.

I don't see any Ohlins equipment. Added later? why no photo? If it has them that's half the value and would be a great deal. Metal parts have the 'stored outside' patina idk...  Get current photos.

19 hours ago, activpop said:

20 hours ago, footgoose said:

if you can't say anything good then don't say anything ... so I'm saying nothing

I wish him the best

As much as I agree with not saying anything if you have nothing nice to say... There are some bold claims in that there ad! Not sure why they felt the need to go all CAPS, but more so I had to laugh at the below claim:

THE MOTO GUZZI ENGINE IS KNOWN FOR LONGEVITY AND WILL NEVER GIVE ANY TROUBLE. 

:oldgit: Maybe he will provide a warranty since it'll NEVER break...

• Haha 2

I chatted with the guy for a bit. He said he wants the bike to go to someone who really appreciates it...which really means it will go to whoever comes up with an agreed amount. Every bike has a story, some better than others. Plus, it doesn't have a chain.

8 minutes ago, activpop said:

I chatted with the guy for a bit. He said he wants the bike to go to someone who really appreciates it...which really means it will go to whoever comes up with an agreed amount. Every bike has a story, some better than others. Plus, it doesn't have a chain.

Seems mySport is trying to write an encyclopedia . . .

IMG_5183.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Let's face it, we are a very tough audience for any V11 offered for sale. The term "scrutineering" comes to mind.

Beyond which, our sense of value of our personal V11 treasures can be, er, skewed by potentially clinical overlay . . .

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, docc said:

skewed by potentially clinical overlay . . .

Ok, I have been on the receiving end of criticism on this forum, many years ago, for the price I was asking for a V11 on CL. I haven't seen that member post for a very long time, but I've since tried to avoid "scrutinizing" someone else's sale. Even on ebay, cl, etc as they might be a current or future forum member. So I tend to keep my mouth shut even when obvious misrepresentations occur.

But, when another currently active member shows interest in an "unknown" advertised bike, I think it behooves us to point out "curiosities" in a tactful way. Tact is not a strong point of mine but I do try. :whistle::not:

It might be a great buy. Hopefully whomever ends up as the owner will add it, and themselves, to "we few, we happy few."

• Like 5