V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

I found it curious that we, collectively, suspended our usual nut&bolt scrutineering for the listing of the, otherwise, very nice silver Sport whilst directing all interest to the accompanying model.

Pretty sure the attention-getting tactic did not play out well for showing the Sport . . .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, docc said:

Seems mySport is trying to write an encyclopedia . . .

IMG_5183.jpg

What’s with the seat off, croc clips on the battery terminals, and charger connected. Attach an Optimate connector to your battery & plug in. Saves faffing around removing the seat. 
It’s been -4 deg C for the past 10 days, roads are awash with salt and grunge, I haven’t rolled any bikes out of the garage since mid November. Spring can’t come soon enough 

Even have the silver Sport tucked away in a Bike bubble :D

EA85DEB4-113B-46A4-AED1-CCB22F4E1036.jpeg

D563D8FB-7176-4C09-B2D2-AF7FAB50C8B8.jpeg

• Like 1

Guzzimax-

Hyperbaric oxygen system for V11 Sports :huh:

Where do you buy such a device?  Does it diffuse Shell Rotella

Last question, where can I buy one? :P:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

Guzzimax-

Hyperbaric oxygen system for V11 Sports :huh:

Where do you buy such a device?  Does it diffuse Shell Rotella

Last question, where can I buy one? :P:

I couldn’t say if it diffuses Shell Rotella, but I’ve often thought about climbing inside with a V11 to see if it’ll help arrest my own aging, and help with my preservation :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, audiomick said:

That’s what I’ve got. Indoor Bikebubble from carcoon. Bought a new one a couple of years ago, and managed to find another unused one on the bay of fleas last year. Got a VMax 1700 squeezed into another one, they come in various sizes 

13DE4861-9812-4F4A-9754-8A9A2E2E5A85.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

https://austin.craigslist.org/mcd/d/austin-2004-moto-guzzi-v11-ballabio/7587670810.html

Visiting my daughter in Austin, this was only ten minutes away. Took a look at it. I really wanted to see how I would like the bars...I like them. I put many miles on a Ducati 750 GT with a similar riding position. Its tough to judge a bike from pictures...creampuff it's not. Rear tire 5 years, front 9. Driveshaft factory marks not lined up. Two blisters on tank, one on emblem and one on black accent on top that was peeled and painted black about the size of a quarter. No starter cover or seat cowl. Scrapes on engine guards both sides and a little on valve cover, but none on pipes. Bike was down but not at speed? Good oil and dirt buildup at rear of trans and front swingarm.  I was hoping for better condition. $3600 to $3800 could take it. Too much for me given the condition and I don't need another bike to work on, but still looking.

• Like 3

Just out of curiosity, the bike is fairly low mileage, but not pristine. From his description:

Has a few small paint chips on tank from normal use. Passenger seat painted cover has a small stress crack where it bolts to the seat if you look closely. ... Odometer works but the trip odometer does not reset.”

Is he optimistic with the pricing, or do they go for that sort of money there?

• docc changed the title to V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others
  • docc pinned this topic

Here is at least one previous owner of RM #49 and forum member. 

It looks like it has lost some of its aftermarket accessories between then and now.

Of particular note from the previous owner in the ad below:

The bike has about 25,000 miles on it, but the odometer reads lower, in the high 13k range. Like many V11s, the speedo failed and was replaced under warranty (at 4,234 miles). 

The eBay ad is listing the bike as having 16k miles, so the current owner likely is unaware that the bike probably has close to 28k miles in actuality.

4 minutes ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Here is at least one previous owner of RM #49 and forum member. 

It looks like it has lost some of its aftermarket accessories between then and now.

There ya go, RM#49 owner #2.