Tenth South'n Spine Raid 2014

motowfo

FWIW, and for numerous reasons (some good), I am thinking I may truck or trailer the Griso from the top of Virginia to Atlanta (monthly eldercare duty roster), then Kathi and I will head up to Tellico on Friday morning.  

Kathi will make a cameo appearance on Friday and Sat a.m., then she's off to Erie in the (1993 200k, no PS, no AC, no radio, but -- like her -- priceless little) Toyota pickumup.  I'll do the rest of the 'Raid and head home on Sunday and Monday.

We shall see if this is how it works.   :whistle:

Bill

Well, September has turned out to be a bit busier than originally planned and unfortunately I'm going to have to miss both the SS Raid and the Ducs Fly South gatherings.  :mellow:

My son is in the Army in TX and got orders to Wiesbaden (which is awesome!) so he gets a couple weeks off before he leaves, those weeks start 10 Sept.  On top of that the neighbor's house went on the market so we bought it for my mother and are closing Sept 8 and moving her up while I have young strong Sgt. arms to help with the furniture. 

I wish you all a safe and fun filled weekend and hopefully I can join up for the next one.  

Gonna miss ya, S!

Enjoy your time with your son. Maybe a trip to Germany is in your future (with a scoot over the mountains to Mandello)!

Thanks Docc!

Definitely will be making regular trips to GE and riding with him, he has a Triumph Street Triple R that he is shipping over.  Mandello is beautiful, I went there on a Breva 1100 for GMG 2011 and it was incredible, would love to go back!

Great location for a future Spine Raid! :mg:

Hey - it's still "South'n!" Well, south of Wiesbaden . . .

A beautiful part of the world, that.

And, interestingly, doing that all in a bit of reverse here.

We have my German relatives -- who live in Wurmlingen (Tuttlingen), way south in Germany, almost on the Boden See -- visiting next week.  We are in a mild panic mode getting ready.

Bilhelm

An eastbound contingent is shaping up to leave lower middle Tennessee Friday morning, Sept. 12, and roll about 200 miles of backrounds to Tellico Plains arriving mid-afternoon.

Heading out after breakfast at MarcyJo's Mealhouse, 4 miles east of I-65/ Exit 46, 'round 'bout 9 am central time.

BYOR (Bring Your Own Relays) :grin:

Our German guests just left on the way to see the marble sights of D.C., after having a very fine time here.  So much wine, bourbon, beer, moonshine, grappa, and more that we'll need the pix to remember what happened!   :drink:

But, now we can focus on the SSR.

Kathi and I made reservations with Walt.  Too late to get our "regular" room, 203, so are in 402.  

Oh, we will be joined -- tho NOT in 402! -- by Dennis (The Chancellor) & George (the former's PSD) on a beemer and ST13.  Sorry.  ;)    But somehow -- even if perhaps not the same in reverse -- they loved you guys.  Yes, I know.   :huh2:

Anyway, I will (now) ride, not truck the Griso to Atlanta on 2-3 Aug (with no plans to low side this year  :whistle:) , then ride up to Tellico on 12 August with George and Dennis.  Kathi will drive, sip something with the SSR crew, and spend the night.  On Sat a.m., however, she will drive to Erie for a family obligation, and I will stay for the rest of the legal and illegal activities.

Then, on Sunday, when you all launch for home in Tennessee and elsewhere, George and Dennis will head up to Cross Junction and spend a few days eating, drinking, and being merry at our home ... where, btw, we hope to see all other "raiders" some day, too.

So ... I better get down to the Moto Grappa and ensure the Griso is as ready as I am.

Best,

Bill

That all sounds fabulous!

Well, except for the time travel required to arrive two weeks from now in Tellico Plains sixteen days ago . . . :whistle:

grappa does this to people. :drink:

That all sounds fabulous!

Well, except for the time travel required to arrive two weeks from now in Tellico Plains sixteen days ago . . . :whistle:

grappa does this to people. :drink:

Details, details.   :P

Kathi's gone for next few days, so I'll spend it doing things that don't need doing in the Moto Grappa.  

Bill