Billet Fuel Cap

Steve S

I have been in touch with Oberon Performance here in the UK regarding fuel caps without locks, they asked me to send photos of the stock filler which I have done, they have now modified an existing unit and it is being tested in Norway as we speak, they will let me know when it is available to buy and I will post it on here. 

• Like 1

Black for Scura please.   :ninja:  I assume that could be your preference on that lovely Nero Corsa as well.

I don't know about everywhere else, but the gas (petrol) pumps here have huge vacuum venting hoses, which have to be pulled back to see the fuel level in the tank - all while making sure the fuel door doesn't flop closed. They work fine for cars, but they are not bike-friendly.  A removable cap would be so convenient.

I am referring to the Oberon fuel cap on my 03 Sport . Screw threads and open throat , so no trouble w/fueling up .

Oberon don't list a cap for any Guzzis, do you know what bike yours is listed under and did it fit without modification?

I'd like to know too. My guess is it's the Triumph/Aprilia version...

There is also this product:

http://www.lightechuk.com/lightech-fuel-tank-cap-with-rapid-locking-guzzi-griso-13147-p.asp

I was guessing at one of those too - or an MV. I got started on this recently by trying to get one by Driven Racing from this website:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok

But neither they, nor the manufacturer could say what was cross-compatible. The manufacturer did say that if I drove up there they'd be willing to take mine off and compare it to several likely candidates for compatibility. Driven's offices are a bit over 100 miles from me (in the Los Angeles area) - which I would gladly do, but scheduling is a bit tricky right now.  My fuel door is currently at the powder-coater, so I'll take a bunch of pictures and measurements this weekend before I reinstall it. Maybe that's enough for them to find a compatible part. If we can figure out cross-compatibility, then we will have lots of options.

FYI - the fuel door is not shown as a part in the part list nor the workshop manual that I have.

I can't imagine that Turn-of-the-Century Moto Guzzi didn't source this as a common part.

We should be able to cross reference this, no? (you're a heap of quite smart lads! :sun:

The V11 fuel filler is not also for Ducati Monster of the same era?

And, did the V11 fuel fillers change with the later (2003-2004) internal pump/ no-chin-pad tank?

What do you make of the marks cast in under the cap:

ZADI             PF 491

Yeah, I see this:  Zadi Group, Modena, Italy  They appear related to CEV. That seems familiar, like I've seen it on the V11 somewhere . . .

(sorry about the thread drift - I thought if we tracked down this specific part all the applications could be specified.)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I see this:  Zadi Group, Modena, Italy  They appear related to CEV. That seems familiar, like I've seen it on the V11 somewhere . . .

(sorry about the thread drift - I thought if we tracked down this specific part all the applications could be specified.)

CEV  made the trapezoidal headlights for the 1100 Sport.

Let's know how it goes with the keyless fuel cap. Love those. 

Mal

• 4 months later...

Ok I have had no reply from Oberon so after doing a bit of research I have bought a cheap cap just in case it didn't fit, it is for an Aprilia Mille up to 03 and some Triumphs, as you can see it fits fine, it cost £30 from the Bay

IMG_20150609_121950.jpg

• Like 1