Billet Fuel Cap

Steve S

• 7 years later...

Ridiculously old, but I am looking for a new fuel cap. Would it be safe to say that the one of these caps fit properly on a 2004 V11 CafeMoto Guzzi?

My fuel cap no longer locks properly and I have fiddle around with it long enough and I am tired of water getting inside. thanks!! 

https://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/fuel-cap-kits

7 hours ago, ColdandWet said:

Ridiculously old, but I am looking for a new fuel cap. Would it be safe to say that the one of these caps fit properly on a 2004 V11 CafeMoto Guzzi?

My fuel cap no longer locks properly and I have fiddle around with it long enough and I am tired of water getting inside. thanks!! 

https://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/fuel-cap-kits

My fuel cap is a leaky rat also, I wonder if it's the same as later V11s. 

I am pretty sure the Aprillia will work . I bought one a long X ago The part # is faded and illegible , so I can't make out the part # . Contact the Co. and see if it will work.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah so left the bike out in the rain yesterday, and made it about 3 miles today before the sputs started. Order new cap, clean fuel system. 

"A bought lesson's better'n a giv'd one any day"- Uncle Ford

• Like 1

BTW , don't drop the screws in the fuel tank when you install the new cap . They are stainless and all the magnets in the world won't stick .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oberon sent me 2 caps in different colours after I sent my OEM one to them for the Sfida 1100 (Sporti running gear). They were fabulous told me to use what I wanted send back the parts I didn't need.

After I did that they then sent me an invoice for the parts I kept and as I recall it was very reasonable. I'd recommend them to anybody

I also replaced the SS cap screws with black alloy eventually.

Oberon-Gas-Cap-1.jpg

• Thanks 1