What about Greenies?

LowRyter

good luck Roy.

But tell ya what, I looked at buying one in Atlanta.  The bike was an art piece in mansion next to a huge grand piano.

Didn't say whether the owner rode bikes or played piano.  Anyway, the bike had been largely kept as indoor sculpture for most if its life.  So, rather than sell it,  just call it art.  

Although, what I don't understand is that you haven't ridden it.  I mean the spineys are the best riding bikes you can find.

• 6 months later...

The original red framed green V11 Sport was the MG that first attracted me to the brand.  I remember seeing it featured as a coming model on the cover of some motorcycle magazine and thinking "what the heck is THAT?!"  (in a good way  ;) )  It just looked so different from all the other bikes of the 1990s,  I would guess that was sometime in 1997-1998.

I had no idea about 4ish years later I'd own a MG in 2002, but I guess the seed had been planted.

I'd still like to have an early red framed green V11 Sport.

al

Early red-framed greenies are (imho) soon to become very collectable ... Roy, give your head a shake man! Or at least promise to stay connected - we need you!

I agree with LowRyter ... these bikes are works of art!

Gio

Ok, ok, I'll let the EV go instead, I only have room for 4 Guzzis LOL

Sent from my shoe phone!

Mine is No xxxxxxxxxxxxxx11375  21/06/2002 according to the sticker in original handbook

It must be close on 100,000 km

I bought it after the original owner wrote it off and bought it back from insurance company.

I went just to have a look at a Guzzi, I had never seen one but it was love at first sight, I call it my Italian girlfriend but a lady friend who rides a Honda Nighthawk calls it my Italian Slut, LOL

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Which puts it pretty close to Kiwi_Roy.

With the last six digits isn't it pretty easy to guess the rest? Or was the 9th digit random?

Looks like this one was right before they switched to the manual fuel tap (113816).

I rode her to the national at John Day, a friend offered me a near new Breva 750 in exchange, thought about it for a nanosecond.

I've been running a Cliff Jefferies ECU but I think I may look for a regular one and get up to speed with Guzzi Diag

Ok, ok, I'll let the EV go instead, I only have room for 4 Guzzis LOL

Sent from my shoe phone!

Mine is No xxxxxxxxxxxxxx11375  21/06/2002 according to the sticker in original handbook

It must be close on 100,000 km

I bought it after the original owner wrote it off and bought it back from insurance company.

I went just to have a look at a Guzzi, I had never seen one but it was love at first sight, I call it my Italian girlfriend but a lady friend who rides a Honda Nighthawk calls it my Italian Slut, LOL

Oh, you gave only 5 digits.

That handbook sticker is likely the sales date. The actual build date is on the metal tag on the left of the headtube.

Kiwi_Roy's number might be missing a "3" in the string?

• 2 weeks later...

G'day

Bout time I posted mine as well

Just got back from a 1100 kay trip through the Victorian high country!

Spectacular and she never missed a beat!!

Love it

Cheers Guzzler  

• Like 1