What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

I was in Denver last week.  I can't remember if I posted this before.  Ig so just ignore.

Saw TTB/Los Lobos show at Red Rocks. Incredible show. I've seen both together in a small venue (1000) and now seeing them play at 10k venue. The pictures didn't come out as well but the energy and the sound moving across so much space was very powerful. Los Lobos ended with Mas y Mas that had Derrick and the horns accompanying. LL's drummer returned the favor in an instrumental jam from the first vol of the new record. Gabe Dixon opened with his own band as well keyboards for TTB, he played with all three bands. TTB played a couple of songs on the new album, Midnight in Harlem (of course), Angel from Montgomery/Sugaree, closed with I want More/Allman's jam, the encore was Space Captain (we have to live together).

As with all the shows I can remember, Susan did the first guitar solo. She was subtly political with messages of unity and caring, I saw folks of all ages, a dad & his 6-7 year-olds were dancing right next to me. Afterwards, I had a 50 mile drive through the park up a mountain highway and got back to the place about 1:30, certainly a riveting drive in the dark particularly after consuming some special local treats.

p1060913-jpg.46667

p1060969a-jpg.46668