What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

5 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I got my replacement stereo set up today.   I'm even going to see if I can get the old receiver fixed or some good will since it was still under warranty. 

The folks a SVS sent me a new $250 amp for my sub for good will, only a $30 handling fee for YT.  I gotta recommend SVS to anyone looking for speakers on the internet. 

I've been pretty sick the last few weeks and it's great getting some tunes.   The set up it always a pain, one PM to Denon got the last thing worked out.   It sounds really good too.  Music 100%.

Cause for celebration!

I was gonna post Spanish Moon , but then "the nerve in my thigh just quivered and fizzled " . . .  :oldgit:

[Moto Guzzis], they was locked Arm in Arm . . . :mg:  :mg:

• Like 1

Thanks @Docc.  The first time in a month, I had a cigar and a steak.  I think I'm strong enough to ride a motorcycle at least for 25 miles.   I was a few breaths from a slab two weeks ago.  Heading to the gym tomorrow and hope for a real workout, maybe not the all of it but I expect to get a big piece.  I hope no one gets this virus. It was bad.  Music sure as heck helps.  Those "old folks" can stay in the rocking chair, I'll take the Ducati.  

Warning, I'm coming back.  

Sad to hear that Wilko Johnson, legendary guitarist from Dr Feelgood & later The Blockheads passed away last week aged 75 years. 
RIP Wilko

1457C061-BC25-4FBA-A92F-7DE65F28750C.jpeg

• Thanks 1
On 11/12/2022 at 4:33 AM, LowRyter said:

Man, I'm not sure what's wrong.  I've been sick with a virus for a couple of weeks.  I've started to slowly recover and get back to normal.   Anyway to the topic.  Lightning struck nearby yesterday and it took out my new stereo and sub.  So I'm not listening to anything.  I was actually able to drive for the first time, so I was able to exchange the cable box.

It's a bad deal to be home ridden with no tunes.  I have a bluetooth speaker, so there's that.

Whining over.

Gee that’s too bad to hear LowRyter - hope you’re now back in the saddle up to speed revitalising the natural terrain

Nobody can be complacent with their health nowadays - those gain of function lab coats are up to no good

On 12/3/2022 at 1:13 PM, mikev said:

For those inclined along these delicious good-‘ol-boy musical lines, Aaron Lewis does some great work that just can’t help but be turned up, whether on the shop stereo, car stereo, or on the rare situations where I’m piping bluetooth into my helmet.  Lewis is the original lead from Staind, which was a bit too melodramatic in style for my taste, and he can still get that way in his newer-found country genre, but whatever, he gets it right with “the road”, “sinner” (with willie Nelson), “northern redneck”, and some others. I don’t see a real video for The Road, just this user-made montage of truck pics as background to the song:

https://youtu.be/XtIG88d8I90

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gmc28 said:

For those inclined along these delicious good-‘ol-boy musical lines, Aaron Lewis does some great work that just can’t help but be turned up, whether on the shop stereo, car stereo, or on the rare situations where I’m piping bluetooth into my helmet.  Lewis is the original lead from Staind, which was a bit too melodramatic in style for my taste, and he can still get that way in his newer-found country genre, but whatever, he gets it right with “the road”, “sinner” (with willie Nelson), “northern redneck”, and some others. I don’t see a real video for The Road, just this user-made montage of truck pics as background to the song:

https://youtu.be/XtIG88d8I90

Nice sound! Took me a minute to realize it is set to one man's truck  . . .

3 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

Gee that’s too bad to hear LowRyter - hope you’re now back in the saddle up to speed revitalising the natural terrain

Nobody can be complacent with their health nowadays - those gain of function lab coats are up to no good

Thanks for asking.  I was finally able to complete all my normal Gym work last Friday, I was able to follow up Monday and today.  My heartbeat still isn't where it should be but it's improving.  But my strength and stamina are better -about 85%.  I've been riding the Duc when the weather is nice.  I couple weeks ago I  was so weak I could barely lean it but I'm hitting the apexes now.   

Monday, I did my complete workout and did a couple hours on the Duc.  I was worn out when I got home.  I cooked on the grill and had scotch & cigar and perked right up.

So thanks for asking and I'm getting better.

• Like 1

So thanks for asking and I'm getting better.

Glad to hear that, John. That is some nasty stuff. One of Dorcia's friends has been in and out of the hospital the last couple of weeks. Says it's the sickest she's ever been. No need to tell me twice, we're back to wearing masks and staying away from people as much as possible.

Take care of yourself..