What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

6 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

so far as sayin' who saw who... 

Yea, I saw Clarke's group, the opening act was the Dixie Dregs.   This was at Trinity U in San Antonio in the early '80's.

Also, to make me sound like a dweeb, Stanley said it was the first time they'd ever performed together.  I had recordings of both artists.   Had a great time.  And all I remember is they blew me away.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, docc said:

If Zappa didn't have a Moto Guzzi, it was just that he was busy with "other things" . . .

brief shot of Mark Volman in there I think. (Mothers/Turtles) Flo & Eddie played at our club early 80's. Really fun, and funny guys. Took the piss out of Journey, while singing 'Happy Together' for stealing a base line. 

• Like 2

@ScuRoo

I'm not that motivated but thanks

and for the record, I saw Zappa too.  After Apostrophe came out.  One of the best bands I had ever seen.  I think Sly Dunbar and Geo Duke were part of it.

I really can't imagine Zappa live.  That had to have been amazing. I suppose the best live band I ever saw was Little Feat on the Waiting for Columbus tour. 

@docc

Little Feat was all time fav band.  I got to see them just after Columbus came out.   I was familiar with most of the songs until I heard "A Day at the Dog Races".   Saw a couple of later iterations, post Lowell.  One memorable time at Forest Park in St Louis opening for the Allman's.  The last time at Daytona Bike Week.

Comparing FZ with LF sorta apples and oranges.  I suppose I wasn't expecting FZ with such a tight band with so many breaks and changes with pro session guys, particularly given the previous Flo-Eddie era.  I didn't know that Frank had such a jazz background and was orchestral composer.  But I was expecting something similar to Apostrophe, I just didn't expect it to be so polished and tight.  

My fav live bands today at Tedeschi Trucks and hope to see the last Dead & Co.  Both bands are masters of improvisation and great chops.  TTB also like to bring in some of the members of the opening bands with them, like Los Lobos. 

• Like 1

I saw Zappa live in a small theater in Wisconsin.. probably only about 500 people in there. What an awesome show. FZ wore pink pants and no shirt. He had total control of that band tight was an understatement. Second best show I ever saw after SunRa and the Arkestra at Norma Jeans bar.. Space was the Place!

incredible.

2023051718314618-3327717990943554498--L.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2023 at 5:51 PM, LowRyter said:

My fav live bands today at Tedeschi Trucks and hope to see the last Dead & Co.  Both bands are masters of improvisation and great chops.  TTB also like to bring in some of the members of the opening bands with them, like Los Lobos. 

I'll see your TTB and raise you a Haynes!  I'm taking my sons down to Deer Creek in June to see Bobby & the boys! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1