What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

• 2 weeks later...

Some of us may remember; in 1978, Van Halen released their first album. The Eruption piece really blew the minds of all aspiring guitar players.

40 years later, an Australian band decided to celebrate this master moment by playing the album live, as you would have listened to the record.

The guitarist, Simon Hosford really steps up to the spirit!

• Thanks 1

In the Opera House that I work in, we had the World Dance Day as a guest event today. The show was from this school. They really are good (and I'm not really a ballet fan...).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palucca_University_of_Dance_Dresden

One section featured three songs that were obviously from the same artist. As I heard the lyrics of the first one, I thought "wow, that is really sharp satire". Close to songs like "Bobby Brown goes down" and "Valley Girl" from Frank Zappa.

I didn't know who the artist was, and went looking for it just now on that tube thing. Found it. It turns out that the artist was Nick Cave. Now I'm certain that the lyrics are social commentary. :grin:

Those with really sharp ears might also hear him playing with accents to sharpen the point. :whistle:

Ok, the man never really had a "pleasant" voice, but the text is good (and he's Australian). B)

So, here's the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo1WmgB9WBI

Seems like the tube wont let it be embedded. :huh2:

I'm on a roll....

A very, very long time ago, I recorded and mixed this. 12 songs in about 36 hours. Low budget at its best... :grin:

and yes, they did show a certain amount of influence from the Ramones. :whistle: