What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

That's one of the great songs...a real story.   Nice to see them play together.  Willie could be Keef's older brother!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gallows Pole showed that folk based "acoustic" music could combine with heavy metal.  The bass, vocals and drums are blazing, along with acoustic guitars and banjos.  Saw Zep play it in '70 before the record was out.... IIRC saw Plant & Page play it twice.  I think it's a  brilliant "meld" and forerunner to "roots" and "alternative".   Now we have "heavy" Bluegrass.

This is fav from Zep 3 with the Page & Plant show.  I really love the rhythm of the instrumental ending ...

I might suggest the Alison Krauss - Plant stuff too.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Gallows Pole ... Saw Zep play it in '70 before the record was out....

You lucky, lucky bastard. B)

I only got to hear Deep Purple live. Brilliant, but Led Zep would've been nice too. ^_^

20 hours ago, audiomick said:

You lucky, lucky bastard. B)

I only got to hear Deep Purple live. Brilliant, but Led Zep would've been nice too. ^_^

I saw Deep Purple with a couple weeks to go in my senior year of high school in '72.  Machine Head had just come out.  We had a caravan of about 6 of us.  They were the loudest band  in history according to Guiness and of course, we right in front of the PA.  They played most of the record that we'd been groovin' and the two previous records.  Blackmore, Gilian, Lord, Paice 

The opening band was Long John Baldry, subbing for Edgar Winter White Trash- rumor was they were "jumped".  "Don't talk about Boodgie Woodgie to the King of Rock and Roll".

Next band was Nazareth, "Love Hurts" was on the charts.  

Perry cool show.  No seats by the way.  I couldn't do that today -hurtin' from just workin' the garden.

That sounds like it was a really great concert. :)

The one I saw was just Deep Purple, in Melbourne (in a horrible venue....) in about 1984 after "Perfect Strangers" came out. Sure, they were a bit older, and Gillan wasn't quite up to the high notes as was in his heyday, but still a glorious concert with the "right" line-up.

In later years I encountered John Lord a couple of times at events that I worked on as a sound engineer. The man was truly brilliant, polite, friendly, relaxed, everything one could wish for. I feel honoured that I was able to support his performances with my efforts. One of the the best, if not the best, Hammond players ever.  :notworthy:

• Like 1

A proper Bolero.

More than a quarter of an hour long, consisting of only 4 musical elements, and it never gets boring.

I chose this version because I have helped mix a concert featuring this piece with that conductor, but with the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra. The conductor is truly brilliant. :)

• Like 3