Moto GP?

Anyone coming to Austin for Moto GP?  If you have not been you are missing out big time!  The weekend is full of really cool stuff including The Handbuilt Show.  If you don't know what it is just Google it.

I'll be there on the Greenie!

I plan to get there Thursday night.  

This will be third straight trip to COTA.  I was on the fence until I saw Rossi win last week.

MJP -Mike- on WG lives in Austin.  We met up last year.  I think a few Guzzi guys from Houston are coming too.   Also Blue Knight is riding from ATL.  I think I'll ask Rocker to put on a sticky on WG.  

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=75198.0

I went to AF1, the Revival Show, 6th St BS, and BBQ in Lockhart.  Hope to CYA there.

I'll have scotch and cigars at the hotel.  I wonder if the motels have opened the pools?\

I haven't purchased tickets.  Turn 1 is best IMO.  GA is fine too.

Awesome, Ill be in Edmond on Wednesday then back to Austin on Friday.  AF1 party is Friday night...Bautista is supposed to be there, prolly headed the Handbuilt show on Saturday.  Ducati Austin usually has something going on during the day on Friday that you may want to check out.  6th street sucks, hit up 4th & Colorado or 2nd street.  The new deal is the JW Marriott on Congress...loads of restaurants and bars.

GA is the way to go for me or Haywoods hill, hung out with some Guzzi guys there last year.  Its private property that overlooks the track.

If anyone is looking for tickets I have a lead on two primo reserved seats with a parking pass about 50 yards from the main gate for all three days at $395.

wait!  You'll be in Edmond?  I am riding from Edmond on Thursday.  I'll take back roads, cross at St Jo and hit 281 around MW.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my cell.  Definitely work out a beer or cup of coffee.  

No tickets or room yet, I'll either go T1 or GA.  Plan to be at midtown area around 290 and I-35.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I saw MM jump over the wall and take off on his back up.  His qualifying run appeared on the screen to be nearly a controlled wreck all the way around the track.  When I got home, I was disappointed that my DVR cut out at the end of quals because the NASCAR race ran late and they didn't show any of it on the Moto GP broadcast.  

Great race!  I watched it from Haywoods Hill which is gives you a great view of turns 10 and 11.  $25 got my family in and I parked right next to my chair.  If you go to the track I would recommend paying to go in for the full experience, if you just want to go watch the race then Haywoods Hill is a pretty sweet deal.

• 1 month later...

Ok now.... moving right along now. anyone coming to Indy for the MotoGP?          If so.. localboy  Bikeseamus here can maybe show you a good way to have a good day in"Kentuckiana" the Southern Indiana neighborhood... 17th Century Bavarian style hardwood forest is about 40 miles south of Indy and goes all the way into the Ohio River Valley on the north and south sides of the Ohio...  Indiana route 66 is one sweet ride... among many others.... Ind. 135 up from Kentucky...  the road from Bedford to Shoals to French Lick is sweet as pie for a good handling two lane unpopulated time turnback... and many others... should anyone want to get out and away from the "Main Vain" antfarm roads around Indy... which is a good way to have a ride... which resembles actually having a way to enjoy your bike...  I can advise and guide you, as it is where I choose to live and ride...  all cool and I do hope some of you choose to plan ahead for something like this.  bye for now...    I sold my 2000 Greenie to a good guy from Switzerland who cherishes it and appreciates it... so I had to immediately get a sweet as it gets 2003 Rosso Corsa that has been slightly warmed for the occasion.... and other occasions...  along with an original paint ice blue T3 I will probably add onto to assemble an SP1000.. and a 1987 "Bitsa" made from various Guzzi bitsa this and bitsa that....  in any case... see ya all later.. I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I did.....Rosie is now in my garage....... and I feel lucky to have Her. A Stottlemyer Guzzi is an object of love and beauty.. he said to me.. "go ahead and take her for a ride.. you may not like her"     Well now...   One sweet cruise down the road and I decided he wasn't gonna be the owner anymore....  besides that, as you probably know.. he has an Aero powered Lario and an MZ Skorpion (I sold him) and a warmed up Nero Corsa he will bring back to Indiana... so he is certainly not without fascinating Guzzis around the place.... and he likes PERFORMANCE!  So he is having ballerina agility fun on his Skorpion, Traveling fun on his Aero powered Lario..... and good V11 LeMans fun with his Nero Corsa coming to a Hoosier location soon.  Come to MotoGp in Indy and have some fun with us.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes I did.....Rosie is now in my garage....... and I feel lucky to have Her. A Stottlemyer Guzzi is an object of love and beauty.. he said to me.. "go ahead and take her for a ride.. you may not like her"     Well now...   One sweet cruise down the road and I decided he wasn't gonna be the owner anymore....  besides that, as you probably know.. he has an Aero powered Lario and an MZ Skorpion (I sold him) and a warmed up Nero Corsa he will bring back to Indiana... so he is certainly not without fascinating Guzzis around the place.... and he likes PERFORMANCE!  So he is having ballerina agility fun on his Skorpion, Traveling fun on his Aero powered Lario..... and good V11 LeMans fun with his Nero Corsa coming to a Hoosier location soon.  Come to MotoGp in Indy and have some fun with us.

I know you. You're the former tennis pro!  The roads you speak of, I spend much time on. Been riding them for 45 years. Moto GP Indy is a Hoot. Three days of God's light shining on our city. Loads to see at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. And don't forget "Motorcycles o Meridian" Fri & Sat Night. Large area of downtown blocked off and restricted to ... motorcycles!! and related activities. Stunts, bands, bars. That Sat nite used to host the Indy Mile Championship flat track race, till they moved it up because of the State fair. It was almost too much to do.

ps. I want those relays!