Tioga Pass and Eastern Sierra Nevadas

Scud

Super-nice set-up! :thumbsup:

Thanks. We've been really happy with the small Toy-Hauler trailer - bought it used several years ago. It's got a small bathroom and kitchen (gas/electric fridge, stove and oven, microwave), on-board generator, and about a 15 gallon fuel tank with a pump for refilling the "toys." I can always leave camp with a full tank. Sleeps 5 easily when all the beds are folded down.

I was towing it with my 2005 Tundra at first, but that's become my daughter's truck since I got the F250. The 7.3L turbo-diesel is much happier pulling the big grades with the trailer - the 4.7L gas Tundra was near the limit.

Funny thing about the old (1997) Ford. The kids and all their friends love it - even more than the super-expensive new trucks that some of their families have. They like the front bench seat (they fight to get to sit in the front middle spot), the fact that the back seat is covered with an old Mexican blanket, and the beat-to-hell inside of the truck bed.

When the trailer is at home, it serves as the "parts department" or "project staging area."

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I thought y'all might like a few more pics of the Eastern Sierras. No V11 this time, just the Husqvarna. 

This was a hike to Dog Lake, in the Tuolomne Meadows region of Yosemite National Park (at the top of Tioga Pass).

IMG_7065.jpg

And here is the Husky staring into the Ansel Adams wilderness above June Lake.

IMG_7098.jpg

Riding around the Obsidian Dome one must be careful... the black rocks are quite literally like riding over chunks of broken glass.

IMG_7100.jpg

But there are lots of big, open spaces. Mammoth Mountain (the ski resort) is in the background. This is probably all going to be white next week.

IMG_7101.jpg

This was, undoubtedly, my favorite discovery. New single track... and properly marked.

IMG_7103.jpg

Did I mention single track? 

IMG_7106.jpg

Lovely photos, where I live I am lucky if I can walk for 30 minutes before meeting someone, and that includes the New Forest!