What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Today I pushed the V11 out of the garage, checked the weather forecast and pushed it back in again.  Took the oldster instead ...

40 degrees f today. Started her, she exploded into life as good as ever. Never since being introduced to the v11 have I gone so long without riding one.... This sucks! Hopefully in a month and a half or so.

While putting some new rear brake pads on the LeMans I made up a new "shop trick" that I thought I'd share: use a carpenter's shim to force the brake pads all the way back in and make it easy to get the caliper back on the rotor.

IMG_4365.jpg

BTW - it's very easy to do the rear brakes once you get the entire driveline and exhaust out of the way.  :grin:

Doing the rear brake pads on the V11 is easy thankfully. These Brembos are pretty nice to work on. Small though. I am amazed how they threw on such a small caliper on a 550lbs bike. Can't wait to get my Scura with the 4 piston caliper from a V11 Jackal. Should of had a 4 piston from the start.

Who the hell uses the rear brake for slowing or stopping on a sports bike anyway.

A four piston caliper would be a ridiculous overkill.

Ciao

While putting some new rear brake pads on the LeMans I made up a new "shop trick" that I thought I'd share: use a carpenter's shim to force the brake pads all the way back in and make it easy to get the caliper back on the rotor.

IMG_4365.jpg

BTW - it's very easy to do the rear brakes once you get the entire driveline and exhaust out of the way.  :grin:

Doing the rear brake pads on the V11 is easy thankfully. These Brembos are pretty nice to work on. Small though. I am amazed how they threw on such a small caliper on a 550lbs bike. Can't wait to get my Scura with the 4 piston caliper from a V11 Jackal. Should of had a 4 piston from the start.

Who the hell uses the rear brake for slowing or stopping on a sports bike anyway.

A four piston caliper would be a ridiculous overkill.

Ciao

When I am hard on the brakes the rear wheel is barely on the ground. The rear brake is mainly for parking lots and the like.

On a big twin like a Guzzi, if I want the rear wheel to drag to control my speed I just down shift. That has the advantage of sounding great.

Realized that it had no license plates, so I drove it to public notary, cop on highway looked at me but did not pull over...got plates, rode it to B&B Yamaha and got it inspected. Blasted 100 mph on RT 222 to home. Cob webs gone. Beautiful day, +3C here in PA. No other 2 wheelers on the road.

​Tomorrow is my birthday, supposed to be even warmer, so I think I'll treat myself with a few hour highway ride!

I think I really like this little green gremlin.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Took a quick ride to the Revzilla showroom to check out some gloves and socks (after scraping away the last little bit of snow in front of the garage). With any luck, I'll make out for an hour or two tomorrow too.

A. Learned the MG can stay off the battery tender longer than the Duck and Buell and start with no problems.

B. Subsequent ride cut short when the fastener holding the bracket holding the front brake master cylinder went MIA.

Shouldn't have worn an HD tee I guess.......

Not today, but yesterday, "pre-conditioned" my battery before riding a hundred miles along the winding creeks and over the ridges of the local countryside. I had forgotten how much the modified airbox woke her up!

Tried to turn over 98,000 miles, but had to come home a bit short of that. Next time, for sure!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took off my forks. Getting ready to send em off to Guzzitech to give em some much needed love!....

Just sucks that with my factory stand "dumbbell" device under the sump I can't remove my upper sump to deal with the broken bolt holds. Oh well roads are still quite sandy/salty here yet.

Took off my forks. Getting ready to send em off to Guzzitech to give em some much needed love!....

Just sucks that with my factory stand "dumbbell" device under the sump I can't remove my upper sump to deal with the broken bolt holds. Oh well roads are still quite sandy/salty here yet.

Todd will fill 'em with Malibu sunshine and a Pacific Ocean breeze for you.

For holding up the front with forks off:  sawhorses... straps from above... front end stand that supports lower triple clamp... where there's a will, there's a way.

• Like 1

I put a day permit on my Ballabio today and went for a ride with my brother.  While pulling over on the side of the road to take a rest break the front tire slipped on some water saturated mossy ground and down the Ballabio (and me with it) went.  Broke the end off the brake lever and the lens off one of the turn signals, but my ego took the most damage! So, that's what I did to my V11 today...

100 mile romp thru SW Missouri ending with a cold one on the porch of the local pub overlooking the creek in the surprisingly warm February sunshine. Life's good.