What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

1 hour ago, docc said:

nope

Something else in your accessibility settings....

Dunno, but it's too much work to download and resize them for upload. Your imagination is sufficient and you'll see it at the Spine Raid.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Dunno, but it's too much work to download and resize them for upload. Your imagination is sufficient and you'll see it at the Spine Raid.

Totally what SpineRaids are for! No maximum upload size.

Well, maybe . . . 

:drink:

After a lot of blood, sweat, beer, forum browsing, and troubleshooting, I've got her on the road again.

Had to pull the motor because of a bent crankshaft due to my dumbass not torqueing down the stator nut. Gave it to a friend who's a master engine builder, and she gave me a damned good motor in exchange for some $$ (highly recommend Mototown in Marinna, Ca if you're close). While it was apart, I worked on the transmission (filed the shift selector, new spring thanks to Scud, straightened the shift lever that was banana shaped after an accident, addressed a gear oil leak from a sloppy permatex job). Downshifts are still not 100%, but it's much improved than what it was before.

Chased some oil leak issues from the back, but it was thankfully determined to be the bell-housing/breather hose because I stupidly didn't clamp it down. Traced some charging issues back to wires connecting on the positive terminal not being fully connected; discovered both in the comfort of my garage, and on 101N in the left lane. Some quick side-of-the road splicing got me down the road. 

She's not 100% yet. I don't actually how how well she's charging because I discovered the ground leads on my cheap hazard fraught multimeter have almost come off. Had some 'hiccups' that was causing the idle to drop and stall. Turned up the idle as a bodge fix so she won't stall out at stops, but the hiccups are still there, leading me to  think there's a hole in the intake boots. 

But I was able to go for a proper ride up in the Oakland/ Berkeley hills today. I've missed her dearly. It's good to have her back

u8dTfeM3VmjCakbkyRLDjlQVuCw5sga2q1t6U8Sa

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Uhhhh , FWIW & after the fact , older mower shops can straighten crankshafts . Yes , straighten c/shafts , as in the snouts . People used to run over everything and bend the cranks . I never saw it done , so I am not sure if it is straightened in the block or removed . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kuni0 said:

After a lot of blood, sweat, beer, forum browsing, and troubleshooting, I've got her on the road again.

Had to pull the motor because of a bent crankshaft due to my dumbass not torqueing down the stator nut. Gave it to a friend who's a master engine builder, and she gave me a damned good motor in exchange for some $$ (highly recommend Mototown in Marinna, Ca if you're close). While it was apart, I worked on the transmission (filed the shift selector, new spring thanks to Scud, straightened the shift lever that was banana shaped after an accident, addressed a gear oil leak from a sloppy permatex job). Downshifts are still not 100%, but it's much improved than what it was before.

Chased some oil leak issues from the back, but it was thankfully determined to be the bell-housing/breather hose because I stupidly didn't clamp it down. Traced some charging issues back to wires connecting on the positive terminal not being fully connected; discovered both in the comfort of my garage, and on 101N in the left lane. Some quick side-of-the road splicing got me down the road. 

She's not 100% yet. I don't actually how how well she's charging because I discovered the ground leads on my cheap hazard fraught multimeter have almost come off. Had some 'hiccups' that was causing the idle to drop and stall. Turned up the idle as a bodge fix so she won't stall out at stops, but the hiccups are still there, leading me to  think there's a hole in the intake boots. 

But I was able to go for a proper ride up in the Oakland/ Berkeley hills today. I've missed her dearly. It's good to have her back

This is awesome, @Kuni0!

Down to the small stuff, now . . . :luigi:

Welldone, Sir! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I ended up buying a used V11 crank and rods on ebay and getting that swapped in. Still have the original crank. I can probably get it straightened, but I want to hold onto it as a backup

This is the kind of image that makes me think, "It was no small thing getting to that overlook, in so many ways."

47 minutes ago, Kuni0 said:

I ended up buying a used V11 crank and rods on ebay and getting that swapped in. Still have the original crank. I can probably get it straightened, but I want to hold onto it as a backup

You build a holder that will hold the crank so it will not bend while in storage .

28 minutes ago, gstallons said:

You build a holder that will hold the crank so it will not bend while in storage .

Is that a real thing? I have a crank in storage, but just wrapped up in old T-shirts in a box. Am I doing wrong?

7 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

Imgzeit. $11/year. Super easy to use and easy to copy and paste images. I'm sold.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scud said:

Is that a real thing? I have a crank in storage, but just wrapped up in old T-shirts in a box. Am I doing wrong?

MMmm . I would fix a wooden  crate that would hold it at it's journals ad keep it WELL oiled or covered in grease .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, po18guy said:

Imgzeit. $11/year. Super easy to use and easy to copy and paste images. I'm sold.

Yeah, I have a real problem being forced into paying for something that used to be free, and still is elsewhere. 
What actually interests me is why some people can see the images and others can't.

• Like 1