What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Mallory Park, Festival of 1000 bikes event this weekend organised by the Vintage & Classic motorcycle club, here is the Moto Guzzi Club GB “tent” being set up, we have several Guzzi’s on display including my Rosso Corsa

Really hot day, temperatures reaching 85 F, lots of track day action on the circuit, fabulous opportunity to meet many other Guzzistas and see a wide variety of bikes classic & modern

D4A7B2C5-A49C-4629-BEEA-D4CE11F4FF64.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t stay overnight at Mallory, had to miss out on the MGCGB Chinese dinner washed down with copious supplies of booze to return home for a family BBQ. 

Retuned to Mallory early Sunday morning on the Griso to mix the Guzzi display in the tent up a little. Outside the tent one of our club members was warming up his racing 1100 Sport (entry no 470) to chase the various Yamaha TZR750’s, 900 Ducati’s & the odd Laverda. It was the only spine frame Guzzi participating in that days classic racing

inside the tent it reached 90 deg F which for us is seriously hot

C0C501DC-1292-4C09-BAA9-D56B094FB515.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Guzzi Club GB’s tent is a serous bit of kit…

EAA9FFA7-A6BD-4C85-817A-8AD32929AA19.jpeg

• Like 6

First ride after major maintenance. Brake light failed. 

Bulb not grounding. Fixed, then brake light stayed on constantly. 
Spacer behind handlebar switch missing. (there is a spacer there, right?) 
Found this too, drat it all.

0721221130.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Still no luck finding that rubber protection for the rear master cyl :huh2:.  Seems it didn’t do much for Pressureangle though.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomchri said:

Still no luck finding that rubber protection for the rear master cyl :huh2:.  Seems it didn’t do much for Pressureangle though.

Cheers Tom.

Mine is split open at the top. I cleaned everything up and used liquid electrical tape to seal it. This will be a regular maintenance check at least with any tire or brake service.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Mine is split open at the top. I cleaned everything up and used liquid electrical tape to seal it. This will be a regular maintenance check at least with any tire or brake service.

Having experienced this on mySport, it is item #7 on the Wheels Off Maintenance Checklist:

• Like 1

My T/S flasher failed on the last ride. It had been intermittently absent or lit/no flash for some time now. I replaced it with a 20A max (why? Tractor-Trailer?) LED flasher. I had to add a polarity reverser to the base, and remote ground wire. But it's bright and quick! Better than expected. At 1.8 amps, should last forever. 
Boring, but it's raining today.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Did a valve adjustment. And thanks to KINDOY2, I have some spiffy head guards. While I was polishing them, I also brightened up the valve cover bolt heads, so I fully expect to dazzle a few motorists in today's sun.

IMG_3310.JPG

In search of "approved" muffler hangers.

• Like 4

The ball end and rod muffler supports aren't a good idea. The mufflers require some amount of lateral and anti rotational support from the hanger bracket, these give zero. When you come up with an idea you never see anyone else do it's either brilliant OR the opposite. This is the opposite. I wish it was a good idea as it would have saved me quite a few hours over the years making and fitting hanger brackets.

Phil

• Like 3

Looked nice tho, but see the point when explained. Wishing I coud remembered half the good points :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

The ball end and rod muffler supports aren't a good idea. The mufflers require some amount of lateral and anti rotational support from the hanger bracket, these give zero. When you come up with an idea you never see anyone else do it's either brilliant OR the opposite. This is the opposite. I wish it was a good idea as it would have saved me quite a few hours over the years making and fitting hanger brackets.

Phil

OK, so other than OEM, what have you done? What survives?

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, po18guy said:

OK, so other than OEM, what have you done? What survives?

Seems to me that "grooming" our exhaust hard points to spread the vibration is desirable. Worst place to focus the forces would be at the heads.

• Like 1