What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

2 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

Finally getting around to fixing.

The annoying alternator leak was my fault, not the front cover seal but my inattention to the spacer sleeve o-rings. The rear one was absent (there's a rear one, right? There is now) and the hidden one in the groove was hardened and came out in pieces. Meh. 

I'd like to see details on this added to this thread:

• 2 weeks later...

Some days, well, test your patience.

Just putting the bike back together after the 'incident'. Fairing bracket straightened, mirrors in house, paint finished. 

Thanks to Curtis Harper for digging out an old 'Sport oil cooler someone deleted...(?)

Started the bike- it started hard and ran like crap. Funny, it was fine when I took it off the trailer and put it in the garage. I had noticed that the 'feel' had fallen off a bit during the SSR, but so minor I thought I was just being paranoid. So I took the tank off and dug into the electrics as a matter of course. The left plug cap had been broken- a Parts Unlimited spare, non-resistor. I replaced it with a new NGK 5k ohm unit. I saw the plug wire was solid core copper, so I tested everything to discover that the NGK plug cap on the right side was completely open-circuit, the resistor blown completely out. So it got replaced too. That evened things up, the bike ran equally poorly on both cylinders. Starting not easily, idle smooth but doesn't take throttle well and backfires/misfires. New plugs no help. Voltage at all points good... then there's that darn cam speed sensor. The one in the bike when I bought it was dead, and this one has something just short of 20k on it. But it runs, right? So I test, and find it's not open circuit; test more, and find inconsistent switching. Dangit. 
Who has the sensor shims? I'm zero clearance which may have contributed to an early death, though the witness marks are very light. 
For your entertainment, testing a hall effect 3-wire sensor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 7:36 PM, docc said:

Okay, wow! A rare, full, set of "EdgeGuards" made by our 2004-2013 member "stormsedge" . I run a full set and find them very well designed to keep the grit and spray off the shock, vulnerable shock eye, and the back of the gearbox (including the extremely important main electrical ground).

When stormsedge left the forum, he offered the molds and materials to anyone that would carry on, but there were no takers. :(

DSCN1796.JPG

DSCN1797.JPG

Erm. 

Any contact information? I have a lot of scrap nylon I've been trying to find use for. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Erm. 

Any contact information? I have a lot of scrap nylon I've been trying to find use for. 

I'll inquire. Has not visited since 2014 . . .

[edit: nope, contact attempt failed.]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

Who has the sensor shims? I'm zero clearance which may have contributed to an early death, though the witness marks are very light. 

got mine from Harpers....

• Like 1

Enjoying myself with the 1164ccm, rear part cleared. CF fender and a homemade protection plate fitted.
Woud anybody know what fork holders are mounted? Moving forward on the bike.
And what was inside the tranny when doing the Chuck spring . None of the metal parts, bits was hardened, gears undamaged The ss bolt, how the H ? Tranny worked fine, but she was charging 18V, so not many km this season. Beliveing tranny had plenty of Molycote, took some to clean the level glass. Taking care of that in hibernation time, and will she come back to a Greenie?
Cheers Tom.
b906e24ff262c0d54d18e7faaad28649.jpg35b58bb30ea8bdf94126c318e25203d8.jpg11f30a45f2085bdc0c8bb74ff0e82865.jpg13be802e62794333ae13df70dbc79ea2.jpgdc06340b9b361ea2d6275f4acca0ee2e.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 11

Watch all the other videos in that block also . It will help to understand Hall Effect v regular sensors . Regular inductive sensors peoduce a sine wave & Hall Effect produce a square wave.  Don't trust everything you see on these . Such as 500 ohms being  less than 2point 5 zero zero ohms !

• 3 weeks later...

Progres. Had to make a helping device today. Those ex springs are getting harder, hmm. And old 1882 recipe Brødrene ØYO scraper shoud contain proper metal. Job done. yes l have time for another IPA.
Cheers Tom. 6550dbca7dbb3be68e4d07754aafa3f3.jpgfbae1fd80de669327c7c2e40bbf0011c.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 2

I bought a Battery Tender 12 Volt Junior 800 Selectable Lead Acid Lithium Battery Charger for winter storage. Came with a cable which I put onto the battery so it can be plugged in whenever it sits without removing the seat.

• Like 1

Been using BT Jr's (non-selectable) for over a decade on Yuasa's, Odysseys' & Motobat without problems.

Art 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

I have a Norge 2007 and my buddy Bones has a 2008. Both have the no start problem but the startusinteruptus mod has been done. The starter will run by jumping the start relay but the push start button on the handlebar does nothing. On both bikes.

is there a known solution?

Let's move this to the right subforum and give it its own topic title . . .