What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

43 minutes ago, FuelCooler said:

Also, my bike has chrome turn signal extenders, instead of the silver/gray of my old 2000 Silver V11 Sport. And the bolt that is in the swingarm that holds the rear caliper bracket from rotating is also chrome. 

January 2000 is an early build date, so the finned flanges are correct, as are the other parts you mention. Some early Sports suffered with faded Frame Side Plates.

You also, very likely, have the early triple trees with the different offset . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I didn't actively do anything to the bike, but I bought something.

An apparently new set of valves, valve guides still in the plastic packaging, and valve springs, probably also new.

The vendor is a well known Guzzi tuner from Austria who has been in retirement for the last couple of years and is obviously clearing out his workshop. An absolutely reliable source.

I thought €150,- was ok, especially considering some of the bits are apparently no longer available. :huh2:

• Like 6

Tonight:

Tank back off, air box back off, new intake manifold boots, removed the K&N air filter and put a new stock UFI paper filter in.

Valve covers off and set the clearance looser, to what was specified on the swing arm (.015mm in, .20mm ex). Or .006 and .008 inch.

• Like 5

On 2/7/2023 at 12:37 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

That's great to hear, and a really good deal.

And yes I'm certain you are correct about where most are actually made ;)

As long as they don't break off when I stand on them, then that's OK.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832622654235.html

rubber-footpegs.JPG

rubber-footpegs-02.JPG

Well unfortunately these do not fit.  I wonder if what they sent to you was a little different?

The part number I ordered and received is XF-1081

The pins/holes are larger than the Guzzi/Ducati pins, so would need a bushing to install into the Guzzi V11 peg mounts.

The Guzzi pins are 6mm and these are 8mm.

They are nice pegs though, and much more squishy than the Ducati peg I bought.

So I may look into a bushing like I had for the Buell drop pegs.

2001 oil cooler quard.
Cheers Tom. 9118f9f421ca55d15db3cefa802796b4.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That guard looks like it should do the job, please let us know the brand and where you bought it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 4corsa said:

That guard looks like it should do the job, please let us know the brand and where you bought it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

The oil cooler protector grille is the OEM Moto Guzzi part that was fitted to the early V11 Sport, up until 2001, then after that MG discontinued it.

One has to keep an eye out for one used or occasionally NOS (new old stock) like this one I ran across earlier this week on eBay.  They show up every once in a while.

• Like 1

Took the DB killers out of the Mivvs today, she is woke now :notworthy:, wow, I like the engine braking almost as much as acceleration. She ain't stock now.....:thumbsup:  Plus I have an oil cooler guard, in silver :huh2: I've only owned this bike about a year & a half...

699053206.jpg

699053222.jpg

699053233.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/25/2023 at 10:01 PM, Joe said:

Took the DB killers out of the Mivvs today, she is woke now :notworthy:, wow, I like the engine braking almost as much as acceleration. She ain't stock now.....:thumbsup:  Plus I have an oil cooler guard, in silver :huh2: I've only owned this bike about a year & a half...

699053206.jpg

699053222.jpg

699053233.jpg

That’s one monster rack mounted luggage system. Ventura ?

• Like 1